Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Maybe it's just me but how could we reasonably expect NLL to turn down a concrete booking in the off chance that a string of uncertainties happened to fall into place leaving us needing Broadwood.

They need the Stadium to be used to pay for itself when all'ls said and done.

Let's have a repeat of what we did to Elgin, take a convincing lead to Hampden then win in style at a venue where we are overdue a win.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't matter as we get priority at the ground and they knew we could possibly have this fixture & after next weekend they have two full months of us not using the ground where they could have all these other events.

Maybe they should've abandoned the bmx display just in case Clyde made the playoffs. It's been planned for months. Dry your eyes.

Who gives a f**k about a bmx display. Away back to your Celtic threads, shitgibbon.

Would it not be a business decision to take the BMX booking as nobody expected Clyde to reach the play-offs ? Clyde winning the play-offs will be the equivelant of doing a Leicester.

Would it not be a business decision to take the BMX booking as nobody expected Clyde to reach the play-offs ? Clyde winning the play-offs will be the equivelant of doing a Leicester.

I think the point people are making is it quite clearly demonstrates Clyde's position in NLL's priorities. They made a commitment and signed a contract with Clyde. They haven't honoured it and by doing so have embarrassed Clyde.

The stadium won't be getting used as the BMX park is next door so I fail to understand how a venue that is supposed to be able to accommodate 8,000 people cannot cope with 2 events on the same day. No doubt health and safety will be quoted.

I'll get slaughtered for this. Despite the embarrassing situation surround the ground and the various revenue and sporting integrity issues arising from it - when I look at the actual game, I can't decide what option would have been better. If 1st leg was at hampden and queens win 1-0, they would have came and parked the gus 2nd leg. Now I see them doing it on Tursday's 1st leg, and if we can manage to get an advantage from home leg, it could actually make for a decent spectacle next Saturday

I'll get slaughtered for this. Despite the embarrassing situation surround the ground and the various revenue and sporting integrity issues arising from it - when I look at the actual game, I can't decide what option would have been better. If 1st leg was at hampden and queens win 1-0, they would have came and parked the gus 2nd leg. Now I see them doing it on Tursday's 1st leg, and if we can manage to get an advantage from home leg, it could actually make for a decent spectacle next Saturday

It's not so much about being at home on the Tuesday or Saturday. It's the way they are treating us like shit. Like others said they signed a contract and are continuing to not honour it. So yes, f**k NLL they are scum

I'm really struggling to give a shit about the stadium situation. I don't believe we've lost any sporting advantage at all. Try telling Elgin them having a home leg yesterday was an advantage when they had to travel down on a Tuesday night. When a facility has as many different uses as Broadwood does then these things are going to happen. It's unfortunate but not the end of the world.

the stadium situation is a total mess but really can't get to worked up about at the moment I actually prefer the fixtures the way they are now for me it's all about these two games we can forensically exam the stadium carry on after hampden on Saturday

Archived