Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as it's been mentioned elsewhere on here by an Arbroath fan, I think I can say it on here. We've signed pony-tailed left-back Jordan Lowdon for next season.

Personally dont see big love in for kirkpatrick. Millen has done a good holdin midfield job for JP to roam but looks a scare at back. He does like Scott McL but did say he was going with younger legs. Who knows

I thought Kirkpatrick was excellent today, really hope we get him signed up for next season. We haven't had someone like him in midfield for awhile.

Seeing as it's been mentioned elsewhere on here by an Arbroath fan, I think I can say it on here. We've signed pony-tailed left-back Jordan Lowdon for next season.

I'm pleased with that. I really liked the look of him against us but I obviously I can't comment on his performances over the rest of the season.

He's definitely signed, and confirmed to me today that he won't be cutting his ponytail ;) Linton leaving Clyde then?

Wouldn't think so. Ferguson seemed to confirm a few weeks ago that Linton will be signing on for next season again. Linton tends to play at left-midfield for us so I'd imagine Lowdon would be first choice at LB next season.

Think it's obvious that we're looking to add options and pace in wide areas. Lowdon, Linton and a more defensive left-sided player that hasn't been unveiled yet, McNeil, Johnston, Fergie on the right.

Wouldn't think so. Ferguson seemed to confirm a few weeks ago that Linton will be signing on for next season again. Linton tends to play at left-midfield for us so I'd imagine Lowdon would be first choice at LB next season.

Fair enough. Lowdon and Linton would be a very strong left side IMO. If you keep Gemmell or sign another striker of his style Lowdon will get bags of assists, as he would've this season if we had any strikers who could actually score. Fantastic crosser of the ball.

How's John Gibson been? He still get a game for you lot?

A bit of a bombscare, in truth. Not commanding at all from cross balls and often good for a clanger. Makes some great saves at times, and his distribution is alright, but makes errors fairly frequently. Won't be with us next season.

Edit: On the second point, he was the undisputed number 1 until a sending off up at Elgin, at which point we signed a 19 year old loanee from Thistle who usurped him (thanks to some great performances) for a considerable run of games. Gibson reclaimed the starting spot after the loanee had had a few poor games, but since his loan ended today (I believe), Gibson's been reinstated in the last few weeks in preparation for the play-offs.

He gives a dodgy moment a game. Today he let it roll under his body but fortunately no one was at the back post to tap in. I hear we've signed a goalkeeper on a pre-contract so don't fancy his chances next season. Barry seems to rate him though.

Gibson is one of the worst keepers I have seen. Decent enough shot stopper but he cannot catch the ball at all. Yesterday he fumbled every cross into the box and the one he let slip through his hands could have cost us big time as it was only 1-0 at the time.

Archived