Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ Member of the one time lourdes branch

Haha. Clearly Touched a nerved

Moving on , 50% of our season ticket sales prob equates to 100 odd people not really enough to stay imo.

Time to go

just need to trust the board :)

I think it may have been a couple of seasons ago but a wee bit above 50% of our season tickets were sold to people with postcodes in the Cumbernauld area.

That is true. That's when I used to go. I no longer go due to the constant talk of the club wanting to leave the town and the shite spouted on here about how the fans all hate Broadwood/Cumbernauld. If Clyde are to stay at Broadwood then they need to realise they need to nail their flag to the town. I don't go now because I feel Clyde can't wait to leave. What would be the point?

"I don't go now because I feel Clyde can't wait to leave. What would be the point?"

Eh? Surely by you and others going and giving your support at Broadwood would encourage Clyde to stay there. To me it seems that there are many excuses given for not going to support the team these days. It is the prerogative of everyone to choose to go or not. If some supporters don't fancy it, fine but some of the justifications they give don't make sense to me.

My loyalty is to Clyde not a stadium or a town.

Clyde's crowds were crap at Shawfield, I don't know where this misty eyed view of the area comes from, I guess time makes the heart grow fonder. I lived until recently and work 10 minutes from Shawfield, no one in the area gives a monkeys about Clyde.

The funny thing is, if Clyde actually got back to say the 1st division would punters in one of the poorest areas of Glasgow pay £16 to watch a game of football? Not to mention its a stones throw from Celtic Park and a hotbed of hunnery. The ground isn't fit for purpose and needs a lot of work done to it. Its fine for Shetto in the juniors.

Clyde's crowds were crap at Shawfield, I don't know where this misty eyed view of the area comes from,

Probably the same place that thinks we need a 6 thousand seater stadium for all the Cumbernauld Clyde supporters to come and see a Premiership Clyde.

Chris smith wins the supporters player of the year award. Well done big chap !! I thought Linton would win the vote right enough.

Btw, when was the last time an attacker won the award haha it's a keeper or defender every year!

Well deserved for Chris, certainly got my vote, however sums our season. Our so called better players should take a long had look at themselves.

Chris Smith, limited ability, however played out his skin in 99% of the games this year...Sean Higgins, David Gormley, even Scott Linton last 8- 10 weeks when you were really needed, take note. Yes Higgins was OK during March and then gets injured, but first half of season where were you?

Sadly the season defined by fact our best players were Smith, a 40 year old legend and another in JP. The rest sadly let the supporters and perhaps the manager down this season. Finally, have to say the loss of Chris Mitchell was much more of an impact than many realised, if nothing else it enabled the imposter of a player that is Scott Durie to continue in starting 11!

Rant over....might sleep better now.

Finally, have to say the loss of Chris Mitchell was much more of an impact than many realised, if nothing else it enabled the imposter of a player that is Scott Durie to continue in starting 11!

Sadly, Durie was back in the team before Mitchell left. This astonished me and everyone sitting around me. He along with Junior were the only ones with the ability to put in a dangerous cross. I don't think Durie has managed one all season.

In regards to the rest of your comments, you're spot on

Trust in those leading the club to make tough decisions which may anger some supporters? I think you will find they already did that and managed to decimate the attendances in one go. I can understand the guy from the 'Nauld not bothering to go. To say he should turn up part with his hard earned cash to watch what has been a pitiful excuse for league football, all in the hope that the board & members change their minds is ridiculous. If you continuously fund this folly then nothing changes. I don't attend regularly anymore because of the EK railroad tactics of those still in charge. Nothing to stop them doing it again!

As for Shetto.....take a loan from HK, build the stadium for him then hand him back the keys, and still have to pay the loan back...doesn't sound like your own stadium there either! Of course I will probably told I'm way off target, but then again who actually knows what the truth is.

The more i hear, BP, what you just said is about as close to it as my mole informs me. The figures mentioned, for that scrap of land, are absolutely ridiculous, and will land the club in an even deeper world of shit than currently. However, all isn't lost....the club's lack of timeframe may be their one, saving grace in this whole mess, hopefully those orchestrating things / running club by accident won't be for much longer. Let's see how those inside the tent feel when they are cast aside. A good friend said on.Saturday about the awards......'i want to go, but its like they just don't want US there'. Said gentleman, was first to offer to help fill in the 'deficit'. Thanked? Updated? Given a freebie or a meal at a match for wife n wean? Has he f**k.

whatever happened to the deficit (alleged )  50 k wasnt it never heard of it since ,did they find 50k from somewhere ?

Since the victory midweek against Annan, everything has been disappointing. We started to believe that we might actually win the league but sadly bottled it. At the start of the season though if i was offered a play-off position i would have taken it! Season isnt over yet & there is still the possibility of promotion. Sooner we get out this league the better so lets not throw in the towel with a league game & playoffs still to go! 

There is obviously a lot of questions supporters want answered regarding off the field issues, i'm not denying that but lets focus on getting promotion first of all & i mean this season. Up the Clyde !! 

That's what the generations top was for !!

dont remember that being quoted on the website.?

so how did we manage to sign gemmell and watson and take kirkpatrick on loan ? or is their a generations tracksuit coming out soon  :lol:

Archived