Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone go to the consultation tonight? I might go next Wednesday as Rutherglen's a bit more convenient.

Anyone who cares about the club and wants some input into how we go forward should make the effort. It was an interesting evening, but the Rutherglen meeting may be a different dynamic depending on the attendees.

Anyone who cares about the club and wants some input into how we go forward should make the effort. It was an interesting evening, but the Rutherglen meeting may be a different dynamic depending on the attendees.

good to hear it went well

Especially if it's some of the guys that were having meetings with Glencairn behind the clubs back.

Was very interesting last night.  The enthusiasm he has for the job and his vision for the club are great to see.

Next season aiming for a core of 16 with 4 younger players to beef the squad out.  3 players signed up and two to be concluded in the following week.  Out of the current squad around 6/7 will be offered new deals or have already agreed.  One was unofficially confirmed by Barry.  Let's just say he shags more than a certain ex US President... 

Marko and JP will be taking the U20's, doubling up with first team squad duties.  

As far as location goes, NLT and the club have opened dialogue and the club are trying to do what they can to negotiate the best terms for us whilst we are there for however long that may be.  Barry said that Broadwood is a selling point when getting players.    

That's only a brief outline. It was very positive though and I would encourage all fans that can make to get along next week.    

Was very interesting last night.  The enthusiasm he has for the job and his vision for the club are great to see.

Next season aiming for a core of 16 with 4 younger players to beef the squad out.  3 players signed up and two to be concluded in the following week.  Out of the current squad around 6/7 will be offered new deals or have already agreed.  One was unofficially confirmed by Barry.  Let's just say he shags more than a certain ex US President... 

Marko and JP will be taking the U20's, doubling up with first team squad duties.  

As far as location goes, NLT and the club have opened dialogue and the club are trying to do what they can to negotiate the best terms for us whilst we are there for however long that may be.  Barry said that Broadwood is a selling point when getting players.    

That's only a brief outline. It was very positive though and I would encourage all fans that can make to get along next week.    

thanks for the outline 

sounds like a positive meeting , its the type of thing we should have been doing for years , lets hope its just not a talking shop and positives come out of it 

interesting that broadwood is a selling point , looks ever more likely we are staying put which probably makes sense as everytime we try to relocate it ends up in failure lets hope we can generate revenue streams and really engage with the locals to attract new clyde fans. 

the idea of running with 16 and 4 young players sounds good I would presume there is also room for a loanee or two 

thanks for the outline 

sounds like a positive meeting , its the type of thing we should have been doing for years , lets hope its just not a talking shop and positives come out of it 

interesting that broadwood is a selling point , looks ever more likely we are staying put which probably makes sense as everytime we try to relocate it ends up in failure lets hope we can generate revenue streams and really engage with the locals to attract new clyde fans. 

the idea of running with 16 and 4 young players sounds good I would presume there is also room for a loanee or two 

Said he would never rule loan signings out but it's not something he wants to use if he can avoid it.  

Sounds interesting - will try to get down to the next one.

Can I ask though - was this basically a q & a with the Manager? I thought this was a consultation regarding how we move forward as a club?

No all aspects of the club were discussed.  Started with on field matters, then "Where are we now?", "Where do we want to be?" and "How are we going to get there?".   

Financially, everything is fine.  The deficit has been met, or certainly will be, and no debt.  

As far as location/relocation goes, a lot would depend on what our aspirations are for the club and the model we want to run.  Do we want a social club was used as an example like others have in the league which gives them a start on us with regards to income streams.  Broadwood will be our home next year.  There is nothing concrete for any other location at present.  

Discussions to be held with NLT, SRU and ourselves to do with Broadwood.  This seems to stem from the chagnes in hierarchy at NLT and from what was said it is as much as they want us at the table for these discussions as much as us wanting to be there.  We are in a much stronger position to try get ourselves a better deal at Broadwood than any other time.  Through the get onside project we already have active links with SRU, not sure what relevance that may or may not have.  The Colts haven't delivered on one part of their agreement in relation to their funding surrounding community involvement and that's one thing we are looking to work on over the next 12 months.  Barry is keen to go around the schools etc    

Apologies for the brain dump.  Happy to try answer anything in more detail or be corrected on what was said when my boss isn't breathing down my neck :lol:    

I got the impression it was a chance for fans to give their opinion, which seemed a bit pointless given the state of ignorance we have been kept in, so I am glad to hear some good info was given out and I will try and attend the next one.

Might have been a good idea to send an email to the owners letting them know it was happening as well though...!

Archived