Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

I got the impression it was a chance for fans to give their opinion, which seemed a bit pointless given the state of ignorance we have been kept in, so I am glad to hear some good info was given out and I will try and attend the next one.

Might have been a good idea to send an email to the owners letting them know it was happening as well though...!

Omfg what is fuckin wrong with you..

You moan club dont involve fans. Now they do ask for input & you still moan..!.

Have you ever thought to offer your services and help with emails,Arrange shirt sponsorship,Player o year nights,Lottery etc etc....

Nah just complain at every turn and be constant negative, Aye thats helpful,Not.!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the impression it was a chance for fans to give their opinion, which seemed a bit pointless given the state of ignorance we have been kept in, so I am glad to hear some good info was given out and I will try and attend the next one.

Might have been a good idea to send an email to the owners letting them know it was happening as well though...!

It wasn't an owners only event. There was a news article on the front page of the website explaining it was open to all fans.

Now, now. It wouldn't be a Cannibal post without some sort of negative footnote in it.

I feel that the club should have done everything they could to notify everyone of the meeting, including putting posters on all Greater Glasgow buses and hiring a fleet of planes with banners on the back to fly over the city thrice a day. Two website announcements and one at a game just won't do!

f**k me.

Omfg what is fuckin wrong with you..

You moan club dont involve fans. Now they do ask for input & you still moan..!.

Have you ever thought to offer your services and help with emails,Arrange shirt sponsorship,Player o year nights,Lottery etc etc....

Nah just complain at every turn and be constant negative, Aye thats helpful,Not.!!!

There is nothing fucking wrong with me and if there is anyone with constant negativity it is you towards your fellow fans.  Where's the moan?  I just thought it was pretty hard to offer constructive input on what the club should do when we have been left in the dark about where we will even be playing. That's a fairly reasonable statement.  

And so was my comment they could email the owners (just like they did when they wanted us to buy a shirt) might have helped get some more people turning up given not everyone reads the website every day, especially during school holidays.  

It wasn't an owners only event. There was a news article on the front page of the website explaining it was open to all fans.

I am completely aware it wasn't an owners only event.  Looks like in one meeting though more information was dished out to fans than has ever been dished out to owners.  Again, not a bad thing that information is coming out somewhere but makes you wonder about how the club is meant to operate.  

Financially, everything is fine. The deficit has been met, or certainly will be, and no debt.

As far as location/relocation goes, a lot would depend on what our aspirations are for the club and the model we want to run. Do we want a social club was used as an example like others have in the league which gives them a start on us with regards to income streams. Broadwood will be our home next year. There is nothing concrete for any other location at present.

Discussions to be held with NLT, SRU and ourselves to do with Broadwood. This seems to stem from the chagnes in hierarchy at NLT and from what was said it is as much as they want us at the table for these discussions as much as us wanting to be there. We are in a much stronger position to try get ourselves a better deal at Broadwood than any other time. Through the get onside project we already have active links with SRU, not sure what relevance that may or may not have. The Colts haven't delivered on one part of their agreement in relation to their funding surrounding community involvement and that's one thing we are looking to work on over the next 12 months. Barry is keen to go around the schools etc

Apologies for the brain dump. Happy to try answer anything in more detail or be corrected on what was said when my boss isn't breathing down my neck :lol:

cheers

Much as I am in a similar boat to you with regards to alleged anti board statements, to be fair Cannibal on this occasion there's been no real secrecy or selective targeting of groups or individuals to massage the egos of half a dozen betters. What those meetings have the potential to do, is bridge the gaps which until the CEOs appointment, didn't appear to be acknowledged. In less than a month, supporter interaction, community involvement and very possibly a solution to the ground problem appear to be well on their way to being solved. It seems a bit of a waste that while this is going on, some still cling to past misdemeanours as a means of strengthening the agendas of the select few. Whether or not a false dawn, it's refreshing that an individual not previously bogged down in the bullshit and phoney war has given forward fresh ideas and common sense approach in such a time, but still frustrating that this couldn't have been achieved among the supporter base as it existed.

Terrific comment, well done.

Is the impression then, that Shettleston remains a consideration but that the club are now taking pause to consider all options rather than hurtling down that path?

Terrific comment, well done.

Is the impression then, that Shettleston remains a consideration but that the club are now taking pause to consider all options rather than hurtling down that path?

did the club not say on the q and a part of the website that there wasn't anything to discuss and it was up to they owners of shettleston now ?

Got absolutely nothing to base this on but everything I read and the noises coming out the Boardroom lead me to believe that there is a possibility that our business model may be best served by remaining at Broadwood.I have no idea why but I am optimistic about our long term future.

I heard thet were in talks with broadwood but not 1st team related but not sure if thats moved on..

Ive never been a fan o broadwood and crowds will never return there either im sure (This season and Duffys last season confirmed it when team doing well)

Big decision for club between finding a home to regain support,Business model and for BF to bring in players who want to play at a nice empty stadium that doesnt put bums on seats and bring in much needed ££...

I can genuine see a few positives and negatives for staying or not. Just think its time to go personally whether that be Shetto or another Ghetto

Dont use JA/EK as excuse. Crowds well down before then. Combo o shite team and location id say from J Brown days onw. We now have decent team and still shit crowds. Common dominator.

not sure it is Broadwood that has caused crowds to drop lots of factors , problem with moving is we can't find anywhere to go everything we suggest somewhere it falls through ,I don't think that helps crowds either for crowds to come back you need a sustained period of success it's one thing I do agree with JA let's hope we can get a model that works for us looks like Broadwood is preferred option now

fingers crossed

Ok improved. Tomato/Tomato

You know im right to everything else on previous post

We've improved but are still nowhere near being decent and are still very inconsistent . On the occasions we have got a bigger crowd at Broadwood we have choked and put in a rotten performance 1-0 loss v QP in Jan, 2-0 loss to Arbroath end last month.

Archived