Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

We've improved but are still nowhere near being decent and are still very inconsistent . On the occasions we have got a bigger crowd at Broadwood we have choked and put in a rotten performance 1-0 loss v QP in Jan, 2-0 loss to Arbroath end last month.

add montrose to the list

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive never been a fan o broadwood and crowds will never return there either im sure (This season and Duffys last season confirmed it when team doing well)

Crowds aren't going to magically appear by moving elsewhere either. If the team is performing well then crowds will return to broadwood but we need to be realistic. As mentioned on the few occasions this season we have had a bumper crowd the performances have been dire!

I hardly think 2 seasons of acceptable league position in the bottom league in the country is going to have the crowds flocking back either. A promotion to league one and sustained and consistent performances alongside minimising the hoofball tactics might help though.

Moving to any Junior ground will be a total downgrade of the club. Stay where we are and build into the community correctly this time. We have never done this. New generations of people are born all the time. We as a club have to think of what legacy we are leaving for future generations of fans. We can't put a glass ceiling on the club by moving to a small ground. Stay at Broadwood and if the terms are correct must boxes are ticked for future development of the club, not individuals desires to play at ones door step and have a social club we don't even have control of.

Incorrect mate. I don't live in Scotland. When we had a decent team I made around 15 to 20 games a season. I also have my own business to deal with. Like I said previously it's not about individuals it's what's best for the club.

difficult one I probably have changed my mind now I thought we had to get out of Broadwood and a move to a another ground we could develop would have been preferred option , now ! would stay at Broadwood see if we can engage more with community try and attract a new generation of fans the problem with moving is we simply can't find anywhere to move to looks like shettleston isn't happening preceeded by East Kilbride and Rutherglen how many more time we actually sat down and said here is the plan for next 5/10 years never going to please everyone interesting when the club do online survey to see the response if they ask about if we should move or stay

I have posted along these lines before but any Clyde fan who thinks a move to another ground is going to change the clubs fortunes should think again.

Clyde,like almost every other team in the current Divs 1 and 2, are destined to stay there apart from a brief visit to the Championship for a few.

Crowds for Clyde would probably be similar to East Fife i.e Div 2, 400-600 depending on performance and Div 1, 500-700. Even in the Championship the crowds would be 800-1200 with a few hundred more with a big visiting support.

If the hand-wringing at Clyde was directed away from how to be a big club back in Glasgow or a big noise in Scottish football but rather towards developing a place in the community by making a permanent home at Broadwood then that will be a base from which to develop as far as possible.

Annan is sometimes ridiculed but in a very limited catchment area and without a "sugar daddy" their crowds are probably proportionally better than most Div 1 and 2 teams due to the role they play in the community.

I have posted along these lines before but any Clyde fan who thinks a move to another ground is going to change the clubs fortunes should think again.

Clyde,like almost every other team in the current Divs 1 and 2, are destined to stay there apart from a brief visit to the Championship for a few.

Crowds for Clyde would probably be similar to East Fife i.e Div 2, 400-600 depending on performance and Div 1, 500-700. Even in the Championship the crowds would be 800-1200 with a few hundred more with a big visiting support.

If the hand-wringing at Clyde was directed away from how to be a big club back in Glasgow or a big noise in Scottish football but rather towards developing a place in the community by making a permanent home at Broadwood then that will be a base from which to develop as far as possible.

Annan is sometimes ridiculed but in a very limited catchment area and without a "sugar daddy" their crowds are probably proportionally better than most Div 1 and 2 teams due to the role they play in the community.

I would say your club is the warning TOC

Your description of Annan is correct.  They, just like other longer established clubs like those in Angus, serve a primary role of serving a small local community.  They have no real ambitions beyond that.  I'm sure they would love to play in the Premiership, but that's not a target for them, and good luck to them. They have their role and they play it, but they have all spent the majority of their existence in the lower leagues with, just as you're saying, the occasional visit to the Championship or old Division 1..

In the modern era football is a hard sell, but not an impossible one. It depends your circumstances and mentality. It's also an age where people will make snap decisions, there & then, they'll form a view of something.  Your club's ground is a small stand. The immediate impression your local community get is you're small time, on that alone, they get it and make a decision based on that.  So you're fulfilling your own prophecy, think small, build small, stay small. Where's the attraction beyond that?

Setting aside re-negotiating mutually adequate terms for a minute, Clyde by comparison have a stadium which sends out a completely different message to a far larger community.  Yes there's a huge amount of work for the Club ahead in building into that community, but the appointment of David Douglas from what Ive heard so far suggests a huge step in the right direction who would be far better suited for that purpose.

I accept you're saying you don't think Clyde should leave Broadwood, but the difference is in what else you're saying.  The potential's far greater in Clyde's case and the mentality at New Bayview is for your club to address.  Of course Ive heard fans of other clubs saying that now Clyde have dragged themselves down to their level they should be content to be there.  Of course they would, it's a competitive set up, what vested interest would they have in Clyde re-establishing their position?

And all of this goes back to what David Douglas has asked, how do you see the future of your Club?  That also infers what are you prepared to leave for future generations who'll then judge decisions taken now, in the same way we judge the man who 80 years ago made a catastrophic decision where we paid the price 30 years ago.  Your preferred option probably reflects that. 

two cracking posts from BC and the penguin absolutely spot on guys

There a suprise.:D

Moving on. Ive been shaking my head all day to some posts...

We shouldnt go near big bad Hugh kelly but instead stay at a stadium that has shafted us in rent for years compared to their cuddly toy the colts and getting support from the community??! Aye ok. That will be the same crowd who only turned up when they got free tickets or bus travel fae Ronnie and co back in the day, Lot o people got short memories or didnt go/Worked on. Saturday during those days...

Unbelievable

Broadwood is too big.

We need a smaller, more compact stadium.

Youngsters who are potential new fans want to have a good match day experience.

Sitting in a cold, sterile, atmosphere free stadium does not lend itself to them returning again and again.

For God sake, it's free for them to go at the moment and still they don't come.

It's time we moved on to a smaller stadium in the heart of a community (not the outer periphery of town).

This means I support the move to Shettleston.

We are just going to throw good money after bad staying at Broadwood. It hasn't worked and never will for reasons stated as well as consuming a large percentage of our income.

Archived