Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Shankland still signed with Ayr. Was in paper today.

Yip. Wrong name. Just checked line ups for that game

Defo lad called Lee cochrane. Ex rangers youth remember work colleague who supports talbot told me at game. Left rangers fell out with the game & they signed him from Johnstone burgh where he was playing with his mates.. He.ll be playing senior(If he wants) very soon i would imagine

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched bits on n off. Good dive for pen. Liked that if hes wearing your colours..

Saw gormley v shetto earlier round. Looked ok but they had a player *Lee Cochrane that day n stood oot. No sure if he played today

Ps. If it was between gormley n barrowman. Gormley for me all day long. Think the other had his day and not sure he would turn it on when asked in 3rd

*Edited

That's a no-brainer. I don't rate Barrowman at all given his poor recent record. Indeed, he's only really had two good spells in his career.

Gormley was exactly the player today that I remember him to be. Good intelligent movement off the front line, decent link-up play, decisive decision making in the main. Not evidenced today was the fact he scores a range of goals. The only downside I see is that he's not the quickest and we are really lacking in pace throughout the team.

Couple lads work beside play junior. Evening times cup run till mid june then sectional cup games start July. Fuk that...:blink:

one of mates son plays junior don't actually think their season finishes think one season runs into another

I recall going to an Evening Times Cup-Winners' Cup match at Newlandsfield the day before a World Cup final, and Clyde playing one of the teams a fortnight later......i think a 'break' is generally a standard working one rather thN a month or two off.

Couple lads work beside play junior. Evening times cup run till mid june then sectional cup games start July. Fuk that... :blink:

You have been misinformed. Most junior clubs start back towards the end of June for pre-season training -later if they have been successful getting through to finals ie. Evening Times Cup Winners' Cup or Central League Cup.

Junior club cant play an official friendly until third week in July. The Sectional League Cup starts second week in August. Has in the past been a midweek start. Last year, it was second Saturday in August. Clubs can play as many trialists as they want - usually do because of holiday - up until the Quarter-Finals.

Received a text tonight to say that the club have basically disbanded the youth system from U17 level downwards.

Only team at the moment remaining is the U20 team.

If this is true then I am disappointed and pretty angry at this, as a "community club" we should be doing all we can to keep our youth system intact.

Does anyone know if this is definitely true or not?

Lee McCulloch released by The Rangers International Football Club. Was there not some remours cutting about a while ago about him coming to Clyde? Wouldn't rule out Barry bringing him in as a player/assistant! Could be a decent signing if it were to be pulled off, I don't think he'd end up at another 1st division club so it could be a chance!

His only useful asset these days are his elbows

Received a text tonight to say that the club have basically disbanded the youth system from U17 level downwards.

Only team at the moment remaining is the U20 team.

If this is true then I am disappointed and pretty angry at this, as a "community club" we should be doing all we can to keep our youth system intact.

Does anyone know if this is definitely true or not?

If its true, then someone ought to do the decent thing and tell the countless individuals, some of whom are friends of many supporters, who are running round trying to organize prize events for them. Other than that, im not fussed about being a 'community club' in any way shape or form.......its a complete misnomer.

Archived