Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and seeing Clyde as being a way of progression for Colts players. And anyway, one man's cast-off (Andrew Robertson) is another man's future Scotland internationalist.

But Colts are just one league below us now, they would never just give us their better players.

If you believe some on here it might end up being the one way around.

Clyde are yet again right to ignore youth development, they were right to chase McDonald away with his daft notions of having a focus on youth years ago and they are right now :lol: .

If putting money from YA towards the player budget gains promotion than I'm all for it. Besides, if one player (Bryson) in 15 years is all we have to show for it, it's a no brainer. If kids want to play under the name of Clyde FC then the schools of football in the Southside and at Broadwood exists for that so the "ignoring the community" patter is wrong.

I'd be interested to know how many good young players we had on our books at U14/15 level who were picked up for nothing by a Celtic or Dundee Utd and went onto good things, or at the very least would have played for our first team. Our youth academy would have got no appraisal for that whatsoever.

Youth Academy football is nothing like community work. Most of the players will come from miles around and most of them won't be able to name a single Clyde player. They'll move on at the slightest sniff of a bigger club. You need to be a certain standard to be part of a youth setup and clubs like Clyde can't afford to hold on to anyone half decent. If the scrapping of the youth academy results in more genuine community football activities like what already exists in the South Side and Cumbernauld then that's of much more use to Clyde.

Lower tier clubs can't afford to focus on developing the elite players so should instead focus on building strong community teams where all kids can take part and get an affinity for the club. I'd really like to see clubs placing an amateur side above their community teams to give players somewhere to keep playing the game even if they are not good enough to get signed professionally.

Agree 100%.

If Clyde are scrapping some of the youth system, because of cuts, can Barry Ferguson not just put in some of his own cash - he is multi millionaire and if he likes Clyde as much as he says then this should not be a problem for him.

For what its worth I think with the signings Clyde have made they will win promotion no bother, if they dont then I think serious questions should be asked of Fergusons Managerial ability

If Clyde are scrapping some of the youth system, because of cuts, can Barry Ferguson not just put in some of his own cash - he is multi millionaire and if he likes Clyde as much as he says then this should not be a problem for him.

For what its worth I think with the signings Clyde have made they will win promotion no bother, if they dont then I think serious questions should be asked of Fergusons Managerial ability

It wouldn't surprise me if Ferguson has already put in a few quid. Last season for example we were able to offer Scott Ferguson a new contract after rejecting a cash bid from Livingston.

And Ferguson has pretty much admitted himself it's either promotion or he's out the door and will find it very difficult to find somewhere else. To be fair to him, last season he quickly learned in the second half and the results spoke for themselves. I think that merits a second shot at it, no least now he has a core of a team he has built himself.

Ferguson isn't concerned about our youth system, all he's focused on is promotion.

What happens if we start terribly next season and Ferguson is sacked by October, by the way Barry you are sacked but can you keep giving us some money to keep our youth system going.

BBK = BOBBY BARRY KENNY

Guess who the Barry is ?

even better idea why don't the owner's put some money in 10 a month is an extra 48 k to the club but that won't happen

CIC = fans own club = novelty value

Someone's either playing a blinder, or a diddy card. I'd have thought the whole idea of 'external' (loosely interpreted) capital within the club was contradictory to the fabled See Eye See. Maybe it isn't, then, and we've been stuck watching shite for years as some sort of experiment.

Someone's either playing a blinder, or a diddy card. I'd have thought the whole idea of 'external' (loosely interpreted) capital within the club was contradictory to the fabled See Eye See. Maybe it isn't, then, and we've been stuck watching shite for years as some sort of experiment.

????

Archived