Ayr United, what now 2015-16

If gilmour can somehow manage to bag himself a new 2 year deal then a fit Stevo, who is twice the player of gilmour, deserves one IMO.

Stevenson hasn't been close to Gilmour in terms of footballing ability this year.

One or two long range efforts won't impress me.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if that's how your assessing ability, then the Same can be said for gilmour then. The odd Hollywood ball here and there, when it actually reaches another ayr player, hardly impresses and deserves a new 2 year deal.

if that's how your assessing ability, then the Same can be said for gilmour then. The odd Hollywood ball here and there, when it actually reaches another ayr player, hardly impresses and deserves a new 2 year deal.

Watch Stranraer v Ayr first leg, the introduction of Gilmour and Trouten settled the team, we couldn't string a pass together then when they came on, we were able to hold on to the ball.

Stevenson in the second leg couldn't get near the ball and if it did, it bounced straight back off of him.  I love Stevo as much as the next person for what he has done at Ayr, but let's not live on past glory.

Stevo hasn't been at his best/fit since returning but a full pre season will help him and get him back to the old stevo. Gilmour hasn't got that excuse, for being a inconsistent passer of the ball and a poor tackler who gets overrun most weeks in league 1 when played in centre mid, then gets a new 2 year deal??

Despite being troubled by a few injuries, particularly one picked up on Hamilton's pitch towards the end of the 14/15 season, Stevenson's fitness has been questionable since he joined Thistle. A two or three month spell in the middle of his first season apart, he looked very laboured; I'll always recall a game where he was clear through on goal after a defender slipped on the half way line, he realised he didn't either have the lungs or the legs, turned back and lost the ball much to the derision of the Thistle support.

If Ayr are expecting him to recapture the form of his first spell, you'll be disappointed, he's not that player anymore - however I suspect you all already know that.

Watch Stranraer v Ayr first leg, the introduction of Gilmour and Trouten settled the team, we couldn't string a pass together then when they came on, we were able to hold on to the ball.

i think your being very generous to gilmour and trouten here. From what I remember of the game stevo came on with gilmour on the hour and both played well, then Stranraer took of a striker for a more defensive player with 15 to go which is when/why we had more of the ball, as Stranraer sat that bit deeper protecting their lead. Trouten never came on until after that with less that 10mins to go.

Say what you like about Stevo, but when we had a ton of injuries at the start of this year it was his goals that stopped us from tanking completely.

Say what you like about Stevo, but when we had a ton of injuries at the start of this year it was his goals that stopped us from tanking completely.

Forfar 2-1 game apart, his goals were in two 4-1 wins v Cowden and Stenny and in a 3-1 defeat to Forfar.  Not quite saved us from a tanking.

I dont think he has it anymore tbh. I think at Ayr he deserves a chance though. I just hope we dont snap him up before having a look.

You don't think he'd take a 6-month deal to see if he could showcase himself for the January window?

Nah, unless he cant find a team in England.

His message end of last year was about returning, tgis year its goodbye.

Stevo is the one touting himself at a higher level but wants to stay at Ayr. Sorry but he has had since Dec and is not doing it. Emotion aside it's bye bye Stevo. What can he do pre-season that he hasn't done since the start of the year? Yes a few good goals but not enough. Definitely not for the championship.

For all the people wanting Stevenson back next season, let me ask you this.

If Adam Hodge came in to the team in January and played like Ryan did, would you be saying the same thing?

He shouldn't be offered a contract now but I have no problem with him being told to prove his fitness in preseason and earning a new deal

If he is as dedicated to Ayr United as he says he is and only wants to play for us, he'll work his c**t off pre season and prove he is worth a contract.

Simples.

If he is as dedicated to Ayr United as he says he is and only wants to play for us, he'll work his c**t off pre season and prove he is worth a contract.

Simples.

Why didn't he do that for the last few months, we can't get soft going into the championship.

For all the people wanting Stevenson back next season, let me ask you this.

If Adam Hodge came in to the team in January and played like Ryan did, would you be saying the same thing?

A completely different scenario though. If anyone dropped down from the SPL, with the potential Stevo has when fit, I would advocate giving them a good pre season to see what happens.

Nothing to lose if we give him a chance to get fit.

A completely different scenario though. If anyone dropped down from the SPL, with the potential Stevo has when fit, I would advocate giving them a good pre season to see what happens.

Nothing to lose if we give him a chance to get fit.

FFS   his potential is no more!!!!

He's finished, we need to get tough.

Archived