Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Caldwell was excellent tonight. I'd definitely sign him up, not too sure on Adams though - looked like he was blowing out his arse after 20 minutes.

Thought he looked composed on the ball and decent passing, wish McCall had him all pre season to try give him a full pre season under his belt. A playmaker so to speak would be ideal.

Never heard of Adams. Who's he played for before?

QOTS, K*ll*e, St Johnstone.....something makes me want to say Partick aswell but think thats it. As said above he played some games for Wigtown in the South League last season. Im sure he trained a few times pre-season a year or two ago

How were Hibs tonight? Shite i take it?

Defended well enough and passed the ball about well but had maybe three shots on goal the whole night, Ayr were pretty much the same and I think most Ayr fans would say it was a positive performance on our part, against a full time team from the league above.

QOTS, K*ll*e, St Johnstone.....something makes me want to say Partick aswell but think thats it. As said above he played some games for Wigtown in the South League last season. Im sure he trained a few times pre-season a year or two ago

Played for Partick when McCall was manager, the way he spoke it seems he is a good player to have when he's at full fitness, something he hasn't been for a while.

Pretty impressed with us tonight. Defence was really solid, massive improvement in that area from last season. Caldwell ran his socks off and hope he is signed. Wouldn't sign Adams though, thought he looked quite poor.

IMO we are a winger and striker(possibly Caldwell) off having a very good starting 11. Could also do with adding a few more players on top of that for a bit of strength and depth.

Thought Caldwell did well, held the ball up, few flick headers, worked the channels and hit the post. Would sign him up.

Adams did well enough for someone who is still feeling himself back into senior football and working towards match fitness/sharpness. Few good tackles, look composed and up for the fight. Again would sign him up.

If Adams was number 8 I'd give him a chance to get fit, he was purple and blowing out his arse after 20 minutes yet he did ok without standing out, the defence looked fairly solid, Caldwell was ok, Nisbet looked like he could stand out in this league if he's handled properly and does what he's told.

Overall we were only a bit better than toothless going forward but it was only a kickabout.

Caldwell will bang them in all season of he's given a constant run in the team. He was great for us until Duffy dropped him when he'd scored something like 3 in 5 and had 4/5 assists in that time. Hope he does well for you if he signs.

Archived