Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Beattie has signed for us (stirling)

Capable of doing a job in league two?

Very inconsistent, looked a decent player one week and terrible the next. Never got fit all season but scored a decent number of goals considering the amount of times he was a sub.

Wasn't bothered if he stayed or went at the end of the season, capable but not fit.

Realistically, what are we looking at to 'complete' the squad? Obviously attack is the priority and with McCall looking at another 2, that should see our striking options complete. Personally, in midfield I think Adams completes us defensively, but I'd like a player maker of sorts still added and in defence, I'd be hoping we could get a player that can cover left back. I know Muir can play there, but I really don't like a right footed left back, just upsets the balance and I want Donald to stay away from left back. So I'd say:

Defender

Advanced midfielder

Striker

Striker

Getting a quality striker in (Caldwell may fit the bill) would more or less complete the team.

It would be interesting to know whether it was the players or the club that preferred the short contacts.

With Adams it suits both as we all know he is a decent player but can he get properly fit?

Caldwell will be the club, he is just in until McManus returns from his loan Likely the player

Craig Beattie has signed for us (stirling)

Capable of doing a job in league two?

I'm 49, 5 stone overweight, smoke 40/50 fags a day and already had a heart attack and I could give him a run for his cash over 10/15 yards.

He'll score goal.

It would have to be the clubs, neither has looked match fit or were a standout in the games they played and have been signed on the strength that they have been decent players when fit.

I think the six months makes sense and both players could get an extension to the end of this/next season by September if they have earned it.

I know were all looking at getting Preston back but haven't heard anything about McKenna potentially returning.

Would he even get in our back four?

McCall says he sees Murphy as more of a defensive mid so if McKenna signed I'd imagine that would allow Murph to move forward forward. Unsure how this would work though.

I know were all looking at getting Preston back but haven't heard anything about McKenna potentially returning.

Would he even get in our back four?

Was interested to see that Peterhead played Aberdeen U20s last Saturday and McKenna wasn't in the squad, thought he might have been in Croatia with the first team, but again no. I would certainly take him back, he would be decent cover at centre half and if needed could slot in at left back.

Campbell and to certain extent Murphy are quite injury prone. (Stating the obvious with Campbell there)

Definitely need another centre half in the squad.

Hopefully Craig McCrackan can make a breakthrough into the first team and provide backup.

Hope Jamie Adams does well with you guys. He had 4 loan periods with us but had terrible issues with ijnury. Talented player so wish him every success.

A tall player who seems to be good in the air, almost unheard of down Somerset road

Joining in with the hoping of Jamie Adams doing well, its a travesty the amount of bad luck he had

Archived