Berwick Rangers 2015/16

What proportion of the 30 players & trialists in that hazy long-lens shot of the pre-season training session from last week were punters press-ganged from a Musselburgh chip shop queue?

On a more serious note, I think we have to expect a starting eleven packed with tralists on Saturday. If that's not the case, we're royally screwed.

Anyone confident that this is under control and everything will be hunkydory once the first ball is kicked in earnest? Nope, me neither. Worrying.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was told today that a player from raith was offered terms but went to Alloa as they gave him 6g sign on fee. This came from his uncle. Silly money for a part timer ..... If its true of course. Not looking good as red mist says and the silence is getting deafening. No doubt it will sort itself out before the big kick off but you need to keep the bread and butter informed.

Kyle Wilkie any good?

Think he's been trialling at Livi. Naw. Sunday league hoofer.

Any news anywhere on attempts to sign new players or are we just entering a five-aside squad this season?

37 taking part in last Saturday's double session. Here's hoping some of them were up to the mark.

Wilkie, with Willis, was one of our best players as the season drew to a dismal close. He added a dynamic presence to the midfield, getting box to box and creating and scoring goals. Very good signing for EF and another missed opportunity for us.

The fact that so many of last season's players have chosen not to come back means they're either being offered better money elsewhere, or they just don't want to play for Cameron, or a combination of both.

Saturday is going to be very interesting.

Unless Cameron starts to pull some rabbits out the hat, he'll be gone by September. I was predicting October at first.

What a shit way to go into a new season. Everyone in this kind of mood and we haven't even kicked a ball.

Lavery's signing is a huge surprise. If anyone in the team had fallen out with Cameron, I'd have thought it was him. And every team is looking out for a proven goalscorer at this level.

As for Wilkie, Cameron must now sign players better than him.We continue to wait. I live in hope (but not much)

Lavery's signing is a huge surprise. If anyone in the team had fallen out with Cameron, I'd have thought it was him. And every team is looking out for a proven goalscorer at this level.

As for Wilkie, Cameron must now sign players better than him.We continue to wait. I live in hope (but not much)

Lavery has to be played as a central striker. Wasted out on the left - which is where I'm guessing McKenna will play?

Another 8 quality players still needed.

Lavery hasn't scored in the league since January 10th. Seemed to be disinterested and would have bet on him leaving.

Does anyone else wonder whats going to have changed since May that will improve his motivation? Lets hope he hated Robbie Horn.

Archived