Berwick Rangers 2015/16

I see this as a positive, it's good to see the club looking at potential in the Juniors/Lowland league etc. Would still like to see some experienced league players make up the backbone of our team, with a strong leader.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who did come from Musselburgh himself didn't he? Suppose at least it means we're going to have a big turn around in the squad which was needed.

He was at Musselburgh before his year at Livi, sure he had 30 odd appearances for them though

Think some folk are guilty of underestimating the gap between League 2 and non-league. Christ, the very best non league side couldn't beat Montrose for fucksake, they're rank rotten. There are gems out there no doubt but folk who think we should be filling the team with 20 local laddies are off their heads imo.

Yea i noticed how easily we beat Spartans.Remind me again how far behind Edinburgh city they finished?There will be some good players very able to "step up" to our multi talented league

Cup games count for absolutely f**k all. Doubt there would be 2,000 fans, TV crews and all the other hype turning up for Spartans v Selkirk.

If we got a fit Brydon and Notman, plus some additional experience in midfield to replace Currie, AND if 4 or 5 newer younger lads from the Juniors were any good, we might just have a decent team.....

Yea i noticed how easily we beat Spartans.Remind me again how far behind Edinburgh city they finished?There will be some good players very able to "step up" to our multi talented league

I dunno, I nipped along to the game at Ainslie park, Berwick ran that game from start to the last ten minutes when they seemed to just cave in mentally, legs went to jelly and let Spartans come onto them.

Cup games count for absolutely f**k all. Doubt there would be 2,000 fans, TV crews and all the other hype turning up for Spartans v Selkirk.

Aye all the hype and live tv screening really upped our performance at Easter rd.

We're still quite a bit better than Spartans and it would show over the course of a season. They've just signed Greenhill and Maxwell, neither of which are good enough for Berwick. Spartans are then quite a bit better than teams in the EOS.

And Brydon is more interested in racing that football and as such has no intention of signing up if my mole is right.

It would be nice to know exactly what each director brings to the table and what their roles are apart from drinking.

We've blasted the likes of Currie etc for not giving a toss about playing for the club, so if that's the case for Brydon, then he shouldn't be signed. Simple as that.

If we're going by that , I can't remember the last player to be more passionate about BRFC than Ben Miller. Maybe Local Laddy.

We've blasted the likes of Currie etc for not giving a toss about playing for the club, so if that's the case for Brydon, then he shouldn't be signed. Simple as that.

Precisely the same was said about Brydon when he first signed, and there was no problem with his commitment then. So, if his injuries have cleared and he wants to try stepping up again, I'd welcome it.

If we're going by that , I can't remember the last player to be more passionate about BRFC than Ben Miller. Maybe Local Laddy.

Difference is though, Miller wasn't good enough. Look where he's moved on to. At the time, Brydon was an important part of the first-team but his heart didn't seem to be in it due to injury/work commitments.

If we get a player in who's not really fussed about playing for Berwick from the get-go, then what's the point? Regardless of whether they're from Berwick, the Borders, Edinburgh or elsewhere.

Quick check of the Museelburgh AFC website tells me Jackie Myles is 30. If he's as good as people are saying, how come he has'nt played at senior level before?

I'd expect plenty of trialists turning out in the friendlies. Let's hope they're better quality than some of the dross that's ploughed their way across the playing fields of the lothians during the last two pre-seasons.

Anyone know if the new strips will be ons ale at the North Shields game?

They'll be fucked after 20 minutes v North Shields stinking of vodka and shame.

Sounds like my 20 year Sunday league career.

Thought they might have started training before now, though the first league match isn't for what, 6 weeks, so plenty of time to get match fit.

The biggest challenge is putting a decent team together. Reasonably satisfied with the signings of Walker and McKenna (though i've seen neither play), but the other names in the frame don't inspire confidence. Suspect there are players being spoen to who are, rightly, being kept off the radar so as not to alert competitors. Nothing wrong with that.

Archived