West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Reaction to two idiots who kid on there meadow fans.also your saying its hardly a secret as if everyone knows what's going on when clearly yous don't so instead off being so hung up on all that's going on at meadow why don't you f__k off n worry bout your own club

What a mess to get yourself into on a junior forum.

Meadow are shaming their proud name upon entertaining this guy and you're oblivious to it.

Shame on meadow shame on meadow :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys who are not going are genuine Meadow fans to be fair. Would rather we didn't sign him but hope doesn't put folk off coming to games as still your team who will be round after Strachan is away and we really need every supporter possible to get behind the team until the end of this season.

The usual sh1t on here with everyone having the moral high ground.

Thankfully we live in a country that has a justice system that allows people to serve an appropriate sentence for the crime they are convicted for and then attempt to return to society. if they then reoffend then the penalty becomes harsher.

in the world of P&B justice system they want a life punishment for all crimes - maybe there is some places further a field who have similar 'justice' systems and seem like great places to live - so if thats what you want go and live there.

As for the Troon player posting sh1t stirring comments about meadow players pay - pretty low thing to do.

forget Adam for a minute, if i was a Medda player I would be more worried about how the club can sign another player when they cant pay the ones they have.

Very professional mate. A credit to your club.

The usual sh1t on here with everyone having the moral high ground.

Thankfully we live in a country that has a justice system that allows people to serve an appropriate sentence for the crime they are convicted for and then attempt to return to society. if they then reoffend then the penalty becomes harsher.

in the world of P&B justice system they want a life punishment for all crimes - maybe there is some places further a field who have similar 'justice' systems and seem like great places to live - so if thats what you want go and live there.

As for the Troon player posting sh1t stirring comments about meadow players pay - pretty low thing to do.

Society administers punishment but it doesn't force folk to interact with people they don't want anything to do with and that's why people are well within their rights to vote with their feet if that's the way they feel.

There are plenty of high profile footballers been to jail and came out then played again and do okay from Tony Adams, Jermaine Pennant and Duncan Ferguson to name a few. As has been said he has done the time and hopefully he has now settled down and prove everyone wrong.

A true fan would support their club through thick n thin no matter what decisions they make bet Clydebank fans didn't go on like this when he signed for them.nobody in there right mind stops supporting a club after 30 years just cause sign a player more like cause were bottom of the league n out Scottish cup. Again just kid on fans

You`re kidding yourself with your "true fan" crap. Get a blank piece of paper and then write down in big letters the crimes that the player your club has just signed has committed and been convicted of. Then get a mirror and have a good look at yourself and see if there`s any semblance of a social/moral conscience shows up in your reflection. The guy you`re berating clearly has a conscience and he`s telling you that your/his club have over-stepped the mark as far as hes concerned. You clearly don`t agree and it would appear that you`ve got the same level of moral/social conscience that your club have. Heaven forbid anyone in your family is ever the victim of knife related or drug related crime....I wonder if your view would change then........

You`re kidding yourself with your "true fan" crap. Get a blank piece of paper and then write down in big letters the crimes that the player your club has just signed has committed and been convicted of. Then get a mirror and have a good look at yourself and see if there`s any semblance of a social/moral conscience shows up in your reflection. The guy you`re berating clearly has a conscience and he`s telling you that your/his club have over-stepped the mark as far as hes concerned. You clearly don`t agree and it would appear that you`ve got the same level of moral/social conscience that your club have. Heaven forbid anyone in your family is ever the victim of knife related or drug related crime....I wonder if your view would change then........

Interesting read here

www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3502

Reaction to two idiots who kid on there meadow fans.also your saying its hardly a secret as if everyone knows what's going on when clearly yous don't so instead off being so hung up on all that's going on at meadow why don't you f__k off n worry bout your own club

I spoke to two committee members regarding my thoughts yesterday. I came to the game as I'd encouraged family members to attend and support the club, despite the rumours. When I confirmed them, I seriously wished I hadn't done so.

Spending around £30 quid to support the team on the day (who said watching the juniors was cheap) on top of season ticket, 100 club, player sponsorship, social club membership, and other donations, to find the club is signing a guy who we gave chances to on two occasions and who let us down twice is disappointing.

I HOPE THAT THE SFA AND SJFA take a look at the Rules regarding drugs they post on their website. Particularly those relating to trafficking I got banned substances. The last I looked, heroin was not a legal substance.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3502

Been very interesting to view the comments over the last 8 hours or so since I last posted. To be called an 'idiot' or 'kid on Medda fan' from someone who's profile has been active for 13 months is indeed laughable (Medda_Mad), I don't have to, or will never have to, justify what MY club means to me to someone like YOU! However I do fully appreciate the supportive feedback from others in the Junior football fraternity regarding my views. At no time in my previous posts have I encouraged anyone to agree with me, the decision I have reached is as a result of my moral viewpoint after witnessing at first hand, through my employment, the impact that domestic violence, knife crime & illegal drugs have on OUR society. The decision to place faith in this individual rests solely with the management team & committee of Irvine Meadow, this is a decision which I unfortunately can't and won't endorse. I look forward to returning to Meadow Park in the future and supporting MY club but only once this 'employee' is gone. Every fan of every club wants to win every game but winning (or losing) with 'dignity' and 'self-respect' is more important. The re-signing of Adam Strachan has, in my opinion, degraded the name of Irvine Meadow XI FC and reduced us to a laughing stock within the semi-professional game.

Been very interesting to view the comments over the last 8 hours or so since I last posted. To be called an 'idiot' or 'kid on Medda fan' from someone who's profile has been active for 13 months is indeed laughable (Medda_Mad), I don't have to, or will never have to, justify what MY club means to me to someone like YOU! However I do fully appreciate the supportive feedback from others in the Junior football fraternity regarding my views. At no time in my previous posts have I encouraged anyone to agree with me, the decision I have reached is as a result of my moral viewpoint after witnessing at first hand, through my employment, the impact that domestic violence, knife crime & illegal drugs have on OUR society. The decision to place faith in this individual rests solely with the management team & committee of Irvine Meadow, this is a decision which I unfortunately can't and won't endorse. I look forward to returning to Meadow Park in the future and supporting MY club but only once this 'employee' is gone. Every fan of every club wants to win every game but winning (or losing) with 'dignity' and 'self-respect' is more important. The re-signing of Adam Strachan has, in my opinion, degraded the name of Irvine Meadow XI FC and reduced us to a laughing stock within the semi-professional game.

A few wind-up merchants on an internet forum aren't representative of wider public opinion. Perhaps there will be a few raised eyebrows but the guy has served his sentence, received his punishment and has to move on. I don't particularly care if he plays for Meadow or not but either way I doubt the club is a laughing stock for signing him. Most people won't care and the rest will get used to it. If you choose not to go back then fair play to you, but you'll surely respect the choice of others to disagree.

A few wind-up merchants on an internet forum aren't representative of wider public opinion. Perhaps there will be a few raised eyebrows but the guy has served his sentence, received his punishment and has to move on. I don't particularly care if he plays for Meadow or not but either way I doubt the club is a laughing stock for signing him. Most people won't care and the rest will get used to it. If you choose not to go back then fair play to you, but you'll surely respect the choice of others to disagree.

I refer you to my link above. Is Trafficking in banned substances not a reason to ensure this character is banned from all football?

Archived