West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

because I know certain player/s never received their full wage

was not a shit stirring comment, concerned for some fellow junior players who rely on wages as income

Professional or not, as said above, concerned for other players with families/mortgages.

Nothing to do with my club either, my comments, my knowledge of the situation players are finding themselves in.

I am doubtful whether you being paid a few quid less out of their wage a week late is going to be a major concern to players. I know of at least 6 West Region clubs not paying their full wage with Troon being close to being one if not for a local businessman's generosity before Christmas.

I have been informed by a good source that Meadow had to purchase new training kit & balls as their previous assistant manager had ran off with them and the reason for shortfall!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look mate, All I am offering here is my opinion, it's not low, it's not shit stirring... it's the truth regarding a situation my fellow junior player/s find themselves in.

This is what forum like this is for, people expressing opinions on matters relating to a certain subject.

Hypothetically, I would not be happy if I was not receiving wages yet my team were still pursuing interest in signing even more players.

That is a personal matter with the club and our players not for you to tell everyone on here. Also its nobody's business wat goes on behind closed doors am sure the committee don't need people posting it on here .

That is a personal matter with the club and our players not for you to tell everyone on here. Also its nobody's business wat goes on behind closed doors am sure the committee don't need people posting it on here .

Would it not be wise to ask your players not to tell stories out of school then if the story has come from your dressing room?

If I were you I wouldn't be back mate while he continues to pull on a meadow Jersey.

Nah I wouldn't go that far. The guys clearly a dickhead and most Meadow fans including myself are disappointed we've signed him but it's not going to stop me supporting my local team.

See Keenans posts have disappeared. Wonder why?

I am doubtful whether you being paid a few quid less out of their wage a week late is going to be a major concern to players. I know of at least 6 West Region clubs not paying their full wage with Troon being close to being one if not for a local businessman's generosity before Christmas.

I have been informed by a good source that Meadow had to purchase new training kit & balls as their previous assistant manager had ran off with them and the reason for shortfall!

Wouldn't surprise me. They seemed quite bitter.

'Victims of their own success' :lol:

Nah I wouldn't go that far. The guys clearly a dickhead and most Meadow fans including myself are disappointed we've signed him but it's not going to stop me supporting my local team.

See Keenans posts have disappeared. Wonder why?

Probably a couple of salvos have been fired from Irvine towards Troon. I thought someone had hacked his account, very unlike him.

As players talk to each other also hearing deano won't be posting on here again as I'm hearing someone from medda called the Troon chairman to complain which is poor. Guys like deano are an asset to this forum as he gives an opinion from a players point of view his crime is being honest and some posters/trolls can't handle facts

As players talk to each other also hearing deano won't be posting on here again as I'm hearing someone from medda called the Troon chairman to complain which is poor. Guys like deano are an asset to this forum as he gives an opinion from a players point of view his crime is being honest and some posters/trolls can't handle facts

The forum will be poorer without dean Keenan as he's a good poster.

If his comments were ill advised at all then its not for me to say as we all let our guard down on here from time to time I guess.

He should continue to post and the only part that I disagree with is that junior football should never ever be used as a tool to rely on paying your mortgage, that to me is wrong and indicates that the wage scale is going through the roof and I'm not comfy with that at all as it can't be sustainable.

However he's a good poster on here and it's all about opinions at the end of the day.

As a player you should also know of goings on with a section Troon individuals that could bring their club down if brought to attention of club officials or SJFA. He should look at his own club before he tries to criticise any North Ayrshire team again. Not welcome at the Winton as we all know trouble he is.

If that's true about Meadow phoning Troon then that's embarrassing. It's like wee school kids cliping on each other for saying something bad about them. Grow up a bit!

Whether what Dean said was true, untrue or even just a wind up its a comment on a public forum and he's entitled to say whatever he wants. So many other people come here and talk absolute nonsense but hide behind many false aliases.

I hope Dean continues to contribute to the forum and if not then I hope it was his decision to stop, and not influenced by someone else.

If that's true about Meadow phoning Troon then that's embarrassing. It's like wee school kids cliping on each other for saying something bad about them. Grow up a bit!

Whether what Dean said was true, untrue or even just a wind up its a comment on a public forum and he's entitled to say whatever he wants. So many other people come here and talk absolute nonsense but hide behind many false aliases.

I hope Dean continues to contribute to the forum and if not then I hope it was his decision to stop, and not influenced by someone else.

Unfortunately if your connected to a club whether it be a player or committee member your posts are watched on here from people that would gladly jump at the chance to cause bother . Been in that position once or twice over the years & it's not nice .

We can't have it both ways - Keenan was talking about players not being paid and people relying on wages for living expenses. Why on earth he thinks it's OK to reveal that to the general public is a mystery. Imagine someone discussing your own financial situation on a public forum! You would be outraged. It's a matter for the club and the players, not any of us.

More managers and committee members on here than players even refs lol dean's crime is not hiding behind a user name it's petty calling clubs up to complain cause they don't like the feedback but heehaw said if he praises clubs. Can't have your cake and eat it (I can though) lol

Archived