West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you choose not to go back then fair play to you, but you'll surely respect the choice of others to disagree.

Absolutely, without doubt. It is entirely the choice of each individual Irvine Meadow supporter to arrive at their own decision. I have made my viewpoint abundantly clear, and I don't seek criticism or praise from others on my decision. I look forward to the day where I can go back to Meadow Park to support my team but, unfortunately, this cannot happen while this individual is employed.

Been very interesting to view the comments over the last 8 hours or so since I last posted. To be called an 'idiot' or 'kid on Medda fan' from someone who's profile has been active for 13 months is indeed laughable (Medda_Mad), I don't have to, or will never have to, justify what MY club means to me to someone like YOU! However I do fully appreciate the supportive feedback from others in the Junior football fraternity regarding my views. At no time in my previous posts have I encouraged anyone to agree with me, the decision I have reached is as a result of my moral viewpoint after witnessing at first hand, through my employment, the impact that domestic violence, knife crime & illegal drugs have on OUR society. The decision to place faith in this individual rests solely with the management team & committee of Irvine Meadow, this is a decision which I unfortunately can't and won't endorse. I look forward to returning to Meadow Park in the future and supporting MY club but only once this 'employee' is gone. Every fan of every club wants to win every game but winning (or losing) with 'dignity' and 'self-respect' is more important. The re-signing of Adam Strachan has, in my opinion, degraded the name of Irvine Meadow XI FC and reduced us to a laughing stock within the semi-professional game.

Meddaheroes1973...you obviously made this decision with a heavy heart....i take my hat off to you sir...well done

Not particularly, no. Unless you can show that it influenced matches or dragged the game into disrepute?

You jest, this is how to deal with drug dealers. No matter how they conduct their business. Possession with intent to supply heroin? What more do you want?

You jest, this is how to deal with drug dealers. No matter how they conduct their business. Possession with intent to supply heroin? What more do you want?

Heroin is not a performance enhancing drug unless I am very much mistaken. He has done the jail time but I would ask the question to SFA. Junior players could be doping every single week but only players in Scottish Cup are urine tested. We all know very few footballers get caught doping as no blood testing only urine tests that are easy to pass.

Not particularly, no. Unless you can show that it influenced matches or dragged the game into disrepute?

How many convictions for these type of offences would you then class as being sufficient before it can be regarded as "dragging the game into disrepute" ?

DOMESTIC ABUSE

CARRYING AN OFFENSIVE WEAPON

POSSESSION OF A CLASS A DRUG WITH INTENT TO SUPPLY

Tell me you`re having a laugh with your ridiculous comment? The guys who support Medda and have taken the stance not to return as a result of their club`s signing policy are the only ones who emerge with any credit for having a social/moral conscience.

But he's been convicted in a criminal court and has served his sentence. That's his punishment.

If we are talking about banning him from football then why stop there? Should we petition any potential employer not to give him a job? In fact let's find out where he does his weekly shopping so we can boycott the supermarket for allowing a criminal to shop in their midst! Where do you want to draw the line?

How many convictions for these type of offences would you then class as being sufficient before it can be regarded as "dragging the game into disrepute" ?

DOMESTIC ABUSE

CARRYING AN OFFENSIVE WEAPON

POSSESSION OF A CLASS A DRUG WITH INTENT TO SUPPLY

Tell me you`re having a laugh with your ridiculous comment? The guys who support Medda and have taken the stance not to return as a result of their club`s signing policy are the only ones who emerge with any credit for having a social/moral conscience.

Did he do all of that during a football match??? The guy must be more talented than I thought!

Did he do all of that during a football match??? The guy must be more talented than I thought!

And you`re even more of a tit than I already suspected. Your flippancy in relation to the subject tells me everything I need to know. So he`s served his sentence? Oh well that`s ok then. What was I thinking?! Perhaps if you or your family were a victim of knife crime or drug related crime then your attitude would change. Victims of these crimes are often left with a LIFE SENTENCE to deal with. Would you take your children along to a club/environment that by the very nature of their signing policy condones domestic violence,carrying knives and the possession and sale of class A drugs???

The answer to your question is, YES. He should not be permitted to be registered to play any form of association football.

No need to petition any potential employers as he is legally required to disclose his convictions and you`ll find that he won`t be joining the ranks of the employed anytime soon as most reasonable employers won`t touch him.

Nobody is saying they condone what he's done but the guy has served his time and is trying to rebuild his life.there are plenty professional players who have served time and been allowed to play football again.

Sorry mate but I`m not buying that line.I`m not aware of any professional club having a player on the books with any of the above convictions. Drunk Driving and caught using Cocaine used to be the ones whereby the professional footballer was treated differently to the man in the street in terms of how it was viewed. But public perception has moved on as has society as a whole and the last pro of any note with a serious conviction has yet to find a club and his previous employer who offered him training facilities/rehabilitation were forced to cut him loose again as a direct result of the public backlash and the pressure brought to bear from sponsors and patrons.

By signing the player the club, wether they agree or not, are condoning these actions.

Marlon king, Vinnie Jones, Duncan Ferguson ,joey Barton, Dennis wise to name a few all been inside served time and allowed to play again. Anyway I don't condone what he's done and nor does the club for that matter but we have given him a chance to rebuild on which I'm sure was a decision that was a hard one given the position of the club and the talent Adam has.

Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick both killed innocent people by drink driving, and both walked back into pro football. Only one whos struggled to get a team is Ched Evans who was done for rape. Dont condone what the boy Strachan has done in the past, but he's served his time, so let him get on with his life!! If he fucks up again, hunt him, simple!

Absolutely, without doubt. It is entirely the choice of each individual Irvine Meadow supporter to arrive at their own decision. I have made my viewpoint abundantly clear, and I don't seek criticism or praise from others on my decision. I look forward to the day where I can go back to Meadow Park to support my team but, unfortunately, this cannot happen while this individual is employed.

Go and get other like minded Medda fans, season ticket holders, members... force an Egm...get your views across to the committee, sponsors etc..its your club.

because I know certain player/s never received their full wage

was not a shit stirring comment, concerned for some fellow junior players who rely on wages as income

Professional or not, as said above, concerned for other players with families/mortgages.

Nothing to do with my club either, my comments, my knowledge of the situation players are finding themselves in.

What was your need to post it on here as a player you should know better than to go spreading problems off other clubs on forums.very low thing to do

Archived