West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Yoker Ath have signed former Shettleston midfielder Kenny Marshall after a brief spell in the amateur ranks with Drumchapel Utd. The Whe-Ho have also signed young goalkeeper Gareth Watson from Clyde FC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that free agents can play for other teams in league matches as trialists, but they can't sign and play in Cup ties if they have played junior for another team that season.

Did that no get changed after a certain club played about 3 trialists in a play off match a few seasons ago?

I might be wrong but I'm sure play off games come under cup category ie signed players

Did that no get changed after a certain club played about 3 trialists in a play off match a few seasons ago?

Only for the play-offs, they used to be under league rules, but after that happened it was cganged to Cup tie rules, ie signed players only.

Thistle had three previous Johnstone Burgh 21's on the bench against Ashfield in the 2013 playoff just brought up for the game - don't know if they were free agent before though.

Thistle had three previous Johnstone Burgh 21's on the bench against Ashfield in the 2013 playoff just brought up for the game - don't know if they were free agent before though.

If they hadn't played junior that season, then there would be no problem signing them.

If they hadn't played junior that season, then there would be no problem signing them.

There would if they had ever been senior, they would have to be reinstated which also can't be done after 31st March.

Who was it again? Hazard a guess Pollok were involved due to Superpolloks comment lol ?

If the rules were changed due to a team playing 3 trialists then it couldn't have been Pollok you refer to.

Pollok played docherty who had been released from the Ants and signed for the next season.

Not the first team to play a trialist in play off game but they were the last after the 'outrage' at us 'bending the rules'

If the rules were changed due to a team playing 3 trialists then it couldn't have been Pollok you refer to.

Pollok played docherty who had been released from the Ants and signed for the next season.

Not the first team to play a trialist in play off game but they were the last after the 'outrage' at us 'bending the rules'

Didn't know the full ins & outs as I said & only realises it was Pollok after you quoted me . Thanks for refreshing my memory lol

Ps am no stalking you in case your wondering . For some reason my p&b app is giving me a notification every time someone quotes me since yesterday . Must have turned on notifications without realising

Archived