Pre-Season Friendlies Fixtures/Results/Everything Else In-Between

We've announced two friendlies so far.

Brechin City (A) - 18th July (3pm)

Rotherham (H) - 21st July (7:30pm)

Nothing really exciting to look forward so far except Speroni's testimonial which isn't really a pre-season friendly.

Anyone else announced any of theirs so far?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not announced anything, but there will apparently much less travelling this year. The focus will be on preparing for the CL qualifiers close to home, not to make money on friendlies.

Not announced anything, but there will apparently much less travelling this year. The focus will be on preparing for the CL qualifiers close to home, not to make money on friendlies.

No cancelling league games this season then?

We've only got Langfield's testimonial confirmed so far, 26th July vs. Brighton.

Steve Evans discussing the three friendlies against Dundee, Partick Thistle and Morton: Link.

Might give a useful indication about the quality of the Scottish Premiership vs the English Championship. I've had lots of arguments about that

lubo_blaha, on 08 May 2015 - 15:55, said:

We've only got Langfield's testimonial confirmed so far, 26th July vs. Brighton.

Out of interest, is there any connection between Langfield and Brighton?

We didn't cancel any games for friendlies in August this year. Our first game was postponed because Celtic Park wasn't ready after the Commonwealth games. I'm guessing there won't be any postponements in August but I can see us doing the winter break thing again

We didn't cancel any games for friendlies in August this year. Our first game was postponed because Celtic Park wasn't ready after the Commonwealth games. I'm guessing there won't be any postponements in August but I can see us doing the winter break thing again

Not in August but you played PSV and Shakhtar during your "winter break" which you cancelled a league game for.

Out of interest, is there any connection between Langfield and Brighton?

No connection at all! Thought we might be able to get a bigger name, Everton came up for Anderson's testimonial and we got Villarreal for Darren Mackie's. Only about 6000 turned out for Considine's against FC Twente a couple of months ago and I can't see to many more than that turning up for Langfield's.

Not in August but you played PSV and Shakhtar during your "winter break" which you cancelled a league game

Sparta Prague, not Shakhtar. But yeah, it worked out well for us so I hope we do it again. Ideally the whole league would just take January off but untill the SPFL introduce a proper winter break I think we need to do it with the amount of games we play

Sparta Prague, not Shakhtar. But yeah, it worked out well for us so I hope we do it again. Ideally the whole league would just take January off but untill the SPFL introduce a proper winter break I think we need to do it with the amount of games we play

I agree, I would be in favour of starting the season mid/late July and have a two week break in January. Would help clubs in Europa/Champions League and would give players, pitches and fans a rest after the busy Christmas period. Keep the traditional games over the festive period, put the Scottish Cup 4th round back to early January and have two weeks of no fixtures after that.

Disagree with Clubs being able to cancel domestic games for no good reason but this would surely go some way to solving it.

We're supposed to be playing Norwich. When Neil got appointed they said they were looking forward to having us down but a paper reported after that it was going to be at NDP.

We're getting the Oban tournament but I'm sure I saw Accies' Twitter saying we weren't getting another Northern England "tour" which is disappointing as I probably would've went to one.

Norwich away sounds like a good/horrible trip, though.

Sporting Lisbon and West Ham is what I've heard. Will probably rubber both, friendlies are horrific.

Im looking forward to the Sporting Lisbon match but nothing excites me about West Ham. Hoping to get abroad with United to either a preseason game or fingers crossed, a european tie

Archived