Forfar vs Alloa

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted, horrendous individual cost us today. Strange game all round, I actually thought Alloa played better in the first leg.

Great season for us, huge credit to everyone involved, just disappointing we couldn't get over the line.

Before I have another spontaneous orgasm and pass out from alcohol poisoning, props to the Forfar fans for turning out in numbers and for their support. Nice to see the players getting praise at the end for what must have been a great season overall. Shame you couldn't hold on and take the title.

Also thanks to Big Rab for covering Gibson's dreadful game in the first leg. Only fair to reciprocate.

...and thanks to the club for handing out £10 discount vouchers for next season's book - which I assume means that the prices are going up by a similar amount now :lol:

Gutted, horrendous individual cost us today. Strange game all round, I actually thought Alloa played better in the first leg.

Great season for us, huge credit to everyone involved, just disappointing we couldn't get over the line.

Right enough. Genuinely sorry for you guys. Hope you win the league next year and Cowden win the play-offs.

Unless we're in them :P

I said 'red card' as soon as Holmer made the challenge.

It was a silly tackle that he didn't have to make but to me Kader's theatrics after it were what brought the red card how many times have we seen tackles like that breaking up the play just given a yellow.

It was a silly tackle that he didn't have to make but to me Kader's theatrics after it were what brought the red card how many times have we seen tackles like that breaking up the play just given a yellow.

Didn't think it was a red myself

I said 'red card' as soon as Holmer made the challenge.

Possibly the most obvious red card at the Recs this season. He could've just tracked back with him too, but clearly decide there was a tackle going in as soon as the pass was made.

Never mind; all worked out surprisingly well!

I was right next to the red in the gazebo and I don't think it was a red. I would be expecting my defender to do the same thing if it was Alloa on the break. Bad tackle but not a red.

Think someone else already mentioned this but I thought Alloa were actually much better with the ball at Station Park, they were more urgent with it and moved the ball at pace.

Just back from the game. What a game to watch. Alloa were poor in the first half and John Gibson seemed hell bent on chucking it away, but the goal at the end of the half was huge. You could feel the atmosphere in the ground change completely - Forfar's game plan of sitting in was out the window and you sensed they were edgy. After the 2nd goal you only felt their was one winner until Holmes had a total brainfart. Third was a shocking one to lose for Forfar given the height advantage.

Darryl Meggat was outstanding today and best player on the park. Can't wait to see him in dark blue. His last ditch tackle to deny a sure goal at 1-0 was a thing of beauty.

Really happy for everyone at Alloa. Have been to see them 6 times this season with my pal, an Alloa fan, and they are a cracking club with a lot of good people involved. Actually found myself going a bit mental in the terrace behind the goal when the 3rd went in!

Will be interested to see the sending-off again, because it looked to me like Forfar's player would've been through on goal if he'd got past Holmes. You go off for them. Nothing to do with it being a dangerous tackle or anything.

Aye, absolutely poetic that Daryll got the winner, and he was great all round. Will be missed, but hopefully will do well enough not to come back!

Just back from the game. What a game to watch. Alloa were poor in the first half and John Gibson seemed hell bent on chucking it away, but the goal at the end of the half was huge. You could feel the atmosphere in the ground change completely - Forfar's game plan of sitting in was out the window and you sensed they were edgy. After the 2nd goal you only felt their was one winner until Holmes had a total brainfart. Third was a shocking one to lose for Forfar given the height advantage.

Darryl Meggat was outstanding today and best player on the park. Can't wait to see him in dark blue. His last ditch tackle to deny a sure goal at 1-- was a thing of beauty.

Really happy for everyone at Alloa. Have been to see them 6 times this season with my pal, an Alloa fan, and they are a cracking club with a lot of good people involved. Actually found myself going a bit mental in the terrace behind the goal when the 3rd went in!

For 40 minutes I thought Forfar's tactics were spot on, especially playing up the hill. Sit deep and hit on the break. They then decided to go right back into their own box for the last five minutes and conceded at the worst possible time. If the second half started 0-0 then it might have been Forfar's day.

Best £16 i ever spent ^_^ Looking forward to watching this back and seeing Meggatts tackle, it sounded a good one from where i was standing. Really pleased to be staying up and can now look forward to next season. With chops heading back to India i wouldn't be surprised if he took Buchanan with him.

For 40 minutes I thought Forfar's tactics were spot on, especially playing up the hill. Sit deep and hit on the break. They then decided to go right back into their own box for the last five minutes and conceded at the worst possible time. If the second half started 0-0 then it might have been Forfar's day.

Same.Half time goalless and game plan working.Late first half goal and I feared worst.Correctly.Alloa did well and good luck to them.

Archived