Forfar vs Alloa

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought you lads would blow that after the first leg result. On the bright side you'll have made a bit of money with the crowds over the two legs and not to mention all the money taken in from selling the new scarves on display over the last two games on all your "new" loons. Hopefully they will all stay and follow you next season and leave us with the problem of where to park your 6 buses when you come to the Glebe. :thumsup2

Had to go out at half time so I've just watched the second half.

Douglas and Dodds sold the jerseys there - until it went to 2-0 I actually thought Forfar looked more likely.

Holmes's tackle looked a red to me, especially if the forward was getting a clear run to goal.

Unlucky Forfar, but errors kept you down in the end.

Hard to take but good away days next year . Ah well tough luck

Been there . The pain soon subsides . I must say there was a wee feeling of relief that we will have a derby to look forward to next season.

Big Rab might not be so keen for the banter though !!!! ;)8)

Gutted, horrendous individual cost us today. Strange game all round, I actually thought Alloa played better in the first leg.

Great season for us, huge credit to everyone involved, just disappointing we couldn't get over the line.

Completely agree.

Well done to Alloa, though. More clinical on the day.

Alloa are a gang. They have to play for a positive result and that doesn't suit their boring brand of eye bleeding.

This analysis of Alloa is about as accurate as your prediction on here a couple of years back that we would be relegated by a distance in our first season in the Championship. Well done on avoiding the drop to the fourth tier though :thumsup2 .

In truth Alloa were miles from their best over those two games and in the end it was the spirit that got them through. Playing Doyle was worth a gamble but became obvious pretty quickly that he wasn't fit and we again lacked width down that side because of that. Getting Meggat back in on the other flank was massive and he had a superb game.

Chopra's goal was crucial as we were really struggling to break down Forfar but that gave us a lead we didn't deserve just before the break and a huge lift. Wee gift for the second but Buchanan took it very well indeed and it said a lot for the players that they hung in after the red card and came up with the winner. Stupid challenge from Holmes, he could have made the same foul without wiping the guy out like that and just taken the yellow, as a Forfar defender did in a very similar incident a couple of minutes later. Kader made the most of it without doubt but it was a reckless by Holmes and you can't give Collum a chance like that to get his red card out.

Commiserations to Forfar. Put a lot into it and not far away at all. Bit of a missed opportunity it must be said as those weren't vintage Alloa performances. Over the season though I think we deserved to stay up. Could count ourselves unlucky to end up in the play-offs after playing some great football and getting some famous results. We made hard work of it but got there in the end and those players now make history as the first Alloa team to secure a third straight season in the second tier. A great group of players. Well done to Danny Lennon too, he certainly gave us a timely lift after the Petrofac Final.

What a performance from an unbelievable group of boys. Suspect Danny will have a clear out and this is the end of an era, so what a fitting way to go out. Not a better way to go out than to Daryll to pop up with that in the circumstances!

Congratulations to Alloa. They took their chances, one was a gift but still required finishing. I couldn't look on here last night as I was gutted. I was looking forward to this so much but at around midday I suddenly got a knot in my stomach the same as I had before the Ayr game two weeks ago. A real sense of foreboding......

As halftime approached I was ignoring it as Forfar looked to be doing what they came to do then they switched off. It got worse with Rab's very uncharacteristic balls up.

For the record, the red card looked every inch a red from where I was. Standing.It was a shocker and I don't believe Omar played on it or acted. A little hope for us then quickly faded away.

At least we won't have to read Morton supporters' drivel on here next season so all is not lost.....

Forfar's got a special place in our league winning history and I certainly enjoyed our 6-0 walloping of Brechin there ( in a "Glebe Park is in a right state". Rearranged fixture) more recently.

Expected the Loons to get through but credit to Alloa for a great result. Great view of the Ochils ( miles better than Stenny's).

Firstly, commiseration to Forfar and their fans, that must have been a sore one. It could so easily have been been you celebrating promotion.

Thís Alloa team are now the most successful ever. It was a long way from their best performance, but they got the necessary result because of team spirit and determination, added to a few top individual performances - the back four, Buchanan and Chopra's goal threat.

Congratulation to Danny Lennon, Paddy Connolly, the players, backroom staff and board. What a night!

How bad does Alloa's pitch look? This has probably been mentioned, but still.

It looked a bit better than it did when they played Hearts on Alba last season. The 3G pitches have a lifespan of 10 years. The one at Ochilview was replaced last summer and I don't think Alloa were far behind Stenny when they laid theirs.

Archived