Scottish Labour- seethe, backstabbing and blame

Whether or not it was meant as sexist, it's one of those things that irks me upon glancing at it. "Wid" is not quite in the same category (though the Sturgeon thread was cringeworthy). I don't see what's wrong with expressing that opinion.

I couldn't give a flying f**k if it irks you or not. Your accusing me of sexism while trying to downplay a term that is frequently used on here and is the epitomisation of the objectification of women; that's sexism.

I find your accusations and your hypocrisy objectionable.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't give a flying f**k if it irks you or not. Your accusing me of sexism while trying to downplay a term that is frequently used on here and is the epitomisation of the objectification of women; that's sexism. I find your accusations and your hypocrisy objectionable.

I said it looks sexist. I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm voicing a concern. Calm down, old man.

I said it looks sexist. I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm voicing a concern. Calm down, old man.

You actually didn't say this. Your post was

(Also, this "Kez the dug" stuff is tediously sexist. There's no need.)

Even if the prospect of a Labour-SNP coalition scared some voters into the Tories hands it was Labour's own fault.

Miliband blew it when he said:

"Let me be plain - we are not going to do a deal with the SNP."

He added: "I'm not going to sacrifice the future of our country, the unity of our country, I'm not going to give in to SNP demands around Trident, around the deficit or anything like that.
"I'm not going to have Labour government if it means deals or coalitions with the SNP."

It was an idiotic, reactionary response that, instead of making him look strong made him look even more untrustworthy. It also reinforced the view that the right wing media had peddled of the SNP being akin to some sort of revolutionary far left party - laughable to say the least.

Even if the prospect of a Labour-SNP coalition scared some voters into the Tories hands it was Labour's own fault.

Miliband blew it when he said:

It was an idiotic, reactionary response that, instead of making him look strong made him look even more untrustworthy. It also reinforced the view that the right wing media had peddled of the SNP being akin to some sort of revolutionary far left party - laughable to say the least.

Yeah he handled it very badly by letting Cameron set the tone of the debate. You wonder what his advisers get paid for.

Pretty good.

The two things that struck me from that was:

1. The point about Labour not pointing out that the National Debt had more than doubled under five years of Con/LibDem government. That should have been at the head of every announcement that Labour made and every piece of publicity material that Labour produced.

2. Miliband's announcement that he would rather let Cameron back into Downing Street than work with SNP MPs. I don't know the impact in England and Wales but in Scotland it was the final nail in Labour's coffin.

Pretty good.

The two things that struck me from that was:

1. The point about Labour not pointing out that the National Debt had more than doubled under five years of Con/LibDem government. That should have been at the head of every announcement that Labour made and every piece of publicity material that Labour produced.

2. Miliband's announcement that he would rather let Cameron back into Downing Street than work with SNP MPs. I don't know the impact in England and Wales but in Scotland it was the final nail in Labour's coffin.

I think this one has Alexander written all over it. Trying to make sure that people in Scotland were wary of voting for the SNP.

Worked out well for labour. :rolleyes:

I think this one has Alexander written all over it. Trying to make sure that people in Scotland were wary of voting for the SNP.

Worked out well for labour. :rolleyes:

I can understand why wee Dougie is getting all the criticism, but surely there must have been other advisers? Surely they had mock sessions where they sat down and ran through scenarios, surely they had focus groups and were able to gauge reactions? Surely they gave some thought to how announcements like that would play out?

Surely?

SURELY?

I can understand why wee Dougie is getting all the criticism, but surely there must have been other advisers? Surely they had mock sessions where they sat down and ran through scenarios, surely they had focus groups and were able to gauge reactions? Surely they gave some thought to how announcements like that would play out?

Surely?

SURELY?

Self interest comes before all else.

Archived