St Mirren vs Motherwell 16/2/15

Just watched the highlights there. My thoughts:

Never a penalty in a million years. He went down more easily than St Mirren FC 2014-15.

I don't think the McManus challenge was actually that bad. It was cowardly, and he went through the back of him, but it was just fucking clumsy more than anything else.

It's impossible to like Scott McDonald's face. What a c**t that man is.

James Dayton was celebrating loads. Obviously I don't mind that at all, but for an on-loan player in a relegated team, it seemed odd. Has he got previous with Motherwell?

Oh, and any chance John Sutton fancies another Div 1 promotion tilt in black and white? :P

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd accept a 2-game ban for McDonald. If we're away at Easter Road or Ibrox in the first leg of a play-off, going 4-4-2 would be suicide.

Have Erwin as the lone striker, with Johnson and Ainsworth wide. 3-man midfield of Lasley, Grant and Pearson to try and keep things tight. Then have a go in the second leg with McDonald back.

Exactly my thoughts tbh..... Been saying that's what we should do away from home for a few months now.

Can Motherwell accept a 2 game ban? I thought Violent conduct was an automatic 3 game suspension?

Would be lucky to have Erwin available too because that looked like a blatant dive for the penalty.

Nope, we're not in England.. 2 games

"St Mirren player-coach Jim Goodwin has been charged by the Scottish FA with violent conduct and offered a two-match suspension.

The 32-year-old Irishman is accused of striking Dundee United striker Aidan Connolly in the face with his elbow."

Nope, we're not in England.. 2 games

"St Mirren player-coach Jim Goodwin has been charged by the Scottish FA with violent conduct and offered a two-match suspension.

The 32-year-old Irishman is accused of striking Dundee United striker Aidan Connolly in the face with his elbow."

Ah cool , cheers.

I think Goodwin was given a 3 game ban after our first game this season because of his previous, I think.

Ah cool , cheers.

I think Goodwin was given a 3 game ban after our first game this season because of his previous, I think.

Yeah he got 3 from the incident above as well, was one of the next paragraphs, should have included it too, sorry!

"Should he accept the ban, the midfielder would miss three games from 15 November because of an additional suspension due to his recent record."

As expected, McDonald's red card has rightfully been overturned.

Good to hear, hopefully he can put the rangers to the sword in the play offs :) I'm assuming Reilly's comment helped his case.Although I was surprised to see McDonald say that he didn't touch Reilly :huh:

Archived