St Mirren vs Motherwell 16/2/15

We were pish. That much is true. BUT - we have relegated and bottom of the league St Mirren fans and a Falkirk saddo trying to lord it over us. Here is a tip. If you support a decent side then feel free to do so but Falkirk and St Mirren - fkin seriously

See you next season.

craigan.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No seen anything about this game yet other than the score. Was at the game between the two sides a few weeks back when Motherwell won 5-0. You will therefore appreciate my surprise at today's score. What was the difference? Was sorcery involved?

Just seen McManus on Gow. What a shocker. Steamed in and clattered him, Gow's head was flopping about all over the place and looked as if he'd been knocked out.

Same numpty ref that booked Livvy's Talbot for studs to the face of Nicholson earlier in the year which the compliance officer reviewed.

The penalty is very soft, Erwin knocks the ball past and seems to just run into the defender rather than any challenge.

McDonald red card doesn't have much in it but it's the look over the shoulder towards Reilly before he raised the arm that the 4th official probably saw and did him. I remember we had Hasselbaink sent off for a very harsh raised arm call at Tannadice. He was 1-1 with keeper and raised his arm to shield the ball from the defender behind him when he accidentally caught him. We appealed but he was banned for 2 games.

Sick and i couldnae give a t.ss who I offend.

Keeper is murder does not generate confidence to the team at all. Big Barra mistake.

O'Brien too rash and not aware of 'danger'

Pearo and Las too busy trying to shut down others without putting their foot on the ball. Once again the opposition control games from the centre of the park.

Wide players Grant and Johnson both rubbish. We need to play diamond or three in there sometimes

Skippy and Erwin no decent service again, for my sins I accessed Steel men online, usual Erwin bashing from the Muppet Ya Besser. Erwin the only spark this season and mostly playing midfield AND not up front, but hey ho putting stats out there for people to think he has played up front when in fact he has played midfield mostly this season,usually facing his own goal and chasing full backs etc. I am not sure many other ' forwards' are tasked with this regularly, today again shifted out wide. Note- I have been at every domestic game this season.

Barra must go whatever league we are in next season, there is a lack of drive, motivation and I think respect from senior professionals in my view.

Motherwell escaped relegation in 2002 on a league technicality following administration where they shafted their creditors.

Feck em. They deserve to be relegated after years of financial mismanagement.

Yesterday's challenge by McManus was reminiscent of Fir Park '77 when Motherwell kicked a young Paisley side out the Scottish Cup.

Talking of Scottish Cups.....Motherwells last major honour was 1991.

Big club my arse.

Hope to see you next year!

Some strike by mallan for the winner to be fair. I thought it was going to be our day when St Mirren decided to pass the ball in the box when already behind the keeper 2nd half. Saints had one on ones both halfs and totally fucked them up.

I know we scored after but the turning point for me was taking Johnson off and moving Erwin wide. Johnson wasn't having his best game but we missed the width big time and Sutty has no build up play whatsoever. We had loads of chances as well and going 1-0 and Ross county drawing at the time it was looking good but that St Mirren equaliser sums up why we are in the bottom 2 such bad defending.

And from Mcdonalds red card onwards, I've not seen it back but it looked extremely harsh at the time, you just knew St Mirren were gonna win on the counter since we had to score. On McManus' tackle I thought the st Mirren fans were shouting for a red because he was last man I'll need to watch it back it didn't look anything malicious from our angle.

I'm confident we can beat whoever we get in the playoffs at home but our away form is awful. Hopefully Mcdonalds red gets rescinded as we need him

Motherwell escaped relegation in 2002 on a league technicality following administration where they shafted their creditors.

Feck em. They deserve to be relegated after years of financial mismanagement.

Yesterday's challenge by McManus was reminiscent of Fir Park '77 when Motherwell kicked a young Paisley side out the Scottish Cup.

Talking of Scottish Cups.....Motherwells last major honour was 1991.

Big club my arse.

Hope to see you next year!

Most of that is correct.

On your last point - I don't doubt you will.

I know we scored after but the turning point for me was taking Johnson off and moving Erwin wide. Johnson wasn't having his best game but we missed the width big time and Sutty has no build up play whatsoever. We had loads of chances as well and going 1-0 and Ross county drawing at the time it was looking good but that St Mirren equaliser sums up why we are in the bottom 2 such bad defending.

Totally disagree with this. I thought Johnson was dire yesterday. Ainsworth came on and gave us a lot more width than Johnson ever did. Our best spell in the match was between Ainsworth and Sutton coming on and giving away that comedy goal at the back after which we understandably deflated.

As for a general view of the season, we probably deserve it.

Between August and March we were absolutely awful. The post Christmas run when we picked up something like 4 points from 27 absolutely doomed us and our recent good home form hasn't been enough when we can't follow it up away from home. Our on the road performances recently have been aboslute garbage, literally night and day. Hard to believe its the same line up.

Sick and i couldnae give a t.ss who I offend. Keeper is murder does not generate confidence to the team at all. Big Barra mistake. O'Brien too rash and not aware of 'danger' Pearo and Las too busy trying to shut down others without putting their foot on the ball. Once again the opposition control games from the centre of the park. Wide players Grant and Johnson both rubbish. We need to play diamond or three in there sometimes Skippy and Erwin no decent service again, for my sins I accessed Steel men online, usual Erwin bashing from the Muppet Ya Besser. Erwin the only spark this season and mostly playing midfield AND not up front, but hey ho putting stats out there for people to think he has played up front when in fact he has played midfield mostly this season,usually facing his own goal and chasing full backs etc.

When you can't get my name right it doesn't surprise me that you can't get your facts right either.

Erwin has played right up top, in advance of McDonald, in our standard Baraclough XI. He's done so since for about the last 4 months. He's only scored against Kilmarnock and St.Mirren this season, the two poorest teams in the league excluding ourselves, and he's also only managed to score in 4 out of 36 appearances this season.

Meanwhile our two top goalscorers, with 50% of our league goals, warm the bench as we spiral towards relegation. Coincidence?

Erwin has some potential but he's nowhere near being an automatic start when we are slipping out the league.

i have never seen the away end empty as quick.after celebrating our goal i turned to give the scumbag motherwell fans the finger and there was nobody there.

i look forward to hibs or qots pumping well in the play offs.

i have never seen the away end empty as quick.after celebrating our goal i turned to give the scumbag motherwell fans the finger and there was nobody there.

i look forward to hibs or qots pumping well in the play offs.

Insightful

You have a bright future

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but the minutes applause for all the supporters who have passed away during the season, do St Mirren do this every season?

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but the minutes applause for all the supporters who have passed away during the season, do St Mirren do this every season?

I don't remember it last season, but I thought it was a nice touch! Glad we mentioned the Motherwell fans as well and that the away supporters were happy to join in.

Archived