St Mirren vs Motherwell 16/2/15

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full time 2-1

Pretty controversial and entertaining second half.

Firstly McManus seemingly ending Gow's career with a shocking challenge. Stretcher for Alan, just a yellow for Steven. Then we have 3 misses of the season in 10 seconds in an almighty scramble. We have two open goals and score neither.

Then Motherwell run up the park and get a penalty. Looked soft from my view, and our players thought so too judging by their reaction. That will be 3 games in a row a dodgy penalty decision has went against us... Just because you're paranoid... Anyway.

Then we go down the park and get a much deserved equaliser through a deflected Naismith cross. Then McDonald gets a straight red for losing the head and sticking the elbow on Reilly.

Then in injury time Super Stephen Mallan picks out the top corner from 25 yards for yet another worldy and we win the game. What a player this kid is, if there's a better teenager in Scotland I've not seen him. Delighted we've got him signed up for next season

All's fair in love and war. Down with the St Mirren, you're going down with the... see you next season Motherwell.

Dreadful result but we deserve to be in the play off spot and the damage was done months earlier.

Not confident about taking on any of the three potential sides from the championship.

Worrying times ahead for us unfortunately.

Sorry Well fans but that was sweet :P.

We were due a result against you's this season and probably shaded it today.

Both missed a few chances, we missed an absolute sitter before Motherwell got that pen.

McManus was lucky to stay on and McDonald lost the rag a few times during the game, don't know if it was an actual red though. Couple of horrendous dives evens that out I feel.

Gutless spineless bunch of mercenaries

This. I couldn't believe how little urgency there was from your players, particularly in the first half. Fair enough from our side as we've nothing to play for, however that was must win stuff and there was little fight. Basically the same criticisms Saints fans have had for the last few months only without the comical 5-0 and 3-0 scorelines. We wanted it far more, even at 1-0. The decision to sub Johnson seemed insane - he was putting in some decent balls and you replace him with a striker who thrives off good delivery. Nuts!

I didn't see the Gow challenge however I could see when he came off he had blood on his face. Seemed concious, which is a good sign - although how the hell did he miss that chance in the first half? Dunno which was worse, that or our goal-line scramble. I also missed the McDonald thing. Reilly was rubbing his face after it however the seethe from the Motherwell players was glorious. Little sympathy considering the soft penalty, lack of red for McManus and some of the other decisions this season.

No idea how Naismith managed to get the ball in, I'm assuming it hit off someone? And what a goal from Mallan! Fantastic player, extend his contract now! Also, first time I've seen Morgan for more than a 5-10 minute period and, aside from him being as culpable for missing in that stramash, he looked decent while Baird doesn't look out of depth at this level.

Get some experienced guys in, a proper manager and we'll be in the hunt for the play-offs.

Oh, and while it was hardly cutting edge wit, the "You're going down with the St Mirren" chant was tremendous.

Archived