St Mirren vs Motherwell 16/2/15

All true - but equally County, Killie, & St Mirren have all been abysmal also or we wouldn't be in touching distance/ahead of them at all - so like any season, any team that is in the relegation scrap at this time of the year deserves to be there and so we aren't alone. We have left it very late in the day to show real improvement and it remains to be seen if it is no use in the end (although going into the playoffs on our form is preferable to being in Killie's form - The table below makes interesting reading (assuming the formatting survives being posted)..

2u93704.png

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We took a large support to both Hamilton and Partick and we all know what happened in those games. Maybe the fans should boycott the St.Mirren game to see if it has any baring on the final outcome (at this moment I would try anything for the three points!). However, hopefully the team won’t let the large travelling support down yet again and secure the 3 pts that will take it to the wire. I predict a nervous 2-1 to the Well.

We need to win both our remaining games and hope that either Killie or County fu*k up. Simple.

Out of the 3 teams Killie look the worst just now. IF Partick play the way they can and have been recently they should have more than enough to take care of a free falling Killie team and County should be able to beat them the week after.

As others have said the last thing we (or the game in general) needs is all 3 of us winning/losing this weekend and then Killie and County can play out a boring draw to ensure they both stay up.

As others have said the last thing we (or the game in general) needs is all 3 of us winning/losing this weekend and then Killie and County can play out a boring draw to ensure they both stay up.

I am not sure about the rules regarding two teams suspected of employing this tactic (at any point during the match), however, I would have thought (whilst difficult to prove) that the SPFL could potentially impose a heavy fine or deduct points :) from any club(s) suspected of this. Consequently, you would be basically accusing both teams of cheating to ensure their safety and whilst it may legitimately(?) happen near the closing stages of vital games, I suspect it would be difficult to keep it up all through the match.

I am not sure about the rules regarding two teams suspected of employing this tactic (at any point during the match), however, I would have thought (whilst difficult to prove) that the SPFL could potentially impose a heavy fine or deduct points :) from any club(s) suspected of this. Consequently, you would be basically accusing both teams of cheating to ensure their safety and whilst it may legitimately(?) happen near the closing stages of vital games, I suspect it would be difficult to keep it up all through the match.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone in saying that only a 20 point deduction to both teams would be enough to enact justice on this unlawful act which would bring our game into unimaginable disrepute...

:rolleyes:

Sadly because of our goal difference this is largely a NON story.....

IF we beat St Mirren it will be by 1 or 2 goals, so not likely to make significant inroads, also as Ross C and Killie would also have to win for this to become an issue - so at least a +1 on both their GD.

As I said a complete NON story....

It may come down to GD but unlikely to be by 1 or 2 goals...

Sadly because of our goal difference this is largely a NON story.....

IF we beat St Mirren it will be by 1 or 2 goals, so not likely to make significant inroads, also as Ross C and Killie would also have to win for this to become an issue - so at least a +1 on both their GD.

As I said a complete NON story....

It may come down to GD but unlikely to be by 1 or 2 goals...

We would realistically need to beat St.Mirren 6/7 nil (never going to happen) to claw back some of the GD on County and Killie. All we can do is win both of our games and let fate run it’s course. Fingers crossed.

It would be great if results ended up that a draw between county and killie ended up with us in play-off spot, only for them to be found in disrepute and deducted points, resulting in us being saved. Can you imagine the seethe from Falkirk fans?

If results this weekend meant a draw between County & Killie kept them both up, I don't anything whatsoever wrong with them playing out a draw. It'll be Motherwell's fault for not doing enough over the course of the season.

I'm worried about the game this Saturday. St Mirren now have no pressure, and can play with a bit more freedom. They've had two excellent results recently too.

I think we really need to win this if we want to avoid the play-off. I'm just not very optimistic of it happening.

If results this weekend meant a draw between County & Killie kept them both up, I don't anything whatsoever wrong with them playing out a draw. It'll be Motherwell's fault for not doing enough over the course of the season.

I'm worried about the game this Saturday. St Mirren now have no pressure, and can play with a bit more freedom. They've had two excellent results recently too.

I think we really need to win this if we want to avoid the play-off. I'm just not very optimistic of it happening.

See this "playing with freedom" thing that people (not just you :) ) talk about - I've never really got it. I don't see how a team that is gash enough to finish bottom of the league suddenly becomes great because there's no pressure on them. I wonder if there is any evidence to back this cliche up?

See this "playing with freedom" thing that people (not just you :) ) talk about - I wonder if there is any evidence to back this cliche up?

Yes. Just let me grab the player with the "wand of a left foot" and he'll tell you...

Lost count if how many 'must wins' we have had now.

Heading down for this so hopefully a decent crowd and we stick a few goals past them.

Play offs are still a certainty IMO but it would be nice to put a bit of pressure on Killie and County.

I hope Goodwin's in the squad tomorrow, his absence is concerning.

He's had a slight groin strain for the last couple of weeks. He's been receiving some treatment from the physio and doing some gym work. Teale wants to stick with young Baird and Kelly so he probably won't be involved tomorrow, which is a shame as it's the last home game.

He intends to see out the last year of his contract, so hopefully see him next season where he'll be crucial to our chances of doing anything in the championship.

Archived