The 56 in Westminster!

Not at all, a wish to separate from the Union, no other connotations than that mate.

Ah but you've failed to take the passage of time into account. There are pejorative connotations with the word now indicating violence and intolerance that weren't associated with the word when it meant "one of a group of 16th and 17th century English Protestants preferring to separate from rather than to reform the Church of England". So while you may be using the word perfectly innocently (which I don't believe for one second) the word as used in mainstream media has dark connotations.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

55% actually voting to remain British a clearer indication, not an ethnicity survey in the Sunday Herald.

I wonder if that figure has changed much since the referendum then the election. I'd imagine a fair percentage who shat it due to the fear factor regret it now.

55% actually voting to remain British a clearer indication, not an ethnicity survey in the Sunday Herald.

That's just a simple misunderstanding of the facts. Britain is an island, independent or not Scottish people will remain British.

Though only 18% of them identify as such, which must make you cry inside.

I wonder if that figure has changed much since the referendum then the election. I'd imagine a fair percentage who shat it due to the fear factor regret it now.

And make no mistake, they definitely shat it.

If it becomes the will of the majority of the population then so be it. Let's see how the SNP perform over the next 5 years first. They hold 50% of the Vote ( not all Yes voters btw) and there's still a further 20% of the electorate out there who didn't bother to vote at all and remain to be swayed either way. A sweeping success across the board in the GE, but not quite a mandate for a 2nd Ref just yet.

No that comes with a majority at HR next year.

I love the assumption on here that people 'shat it' simply because they voted no, it's the same dismissive arrogance that cost the Yes campaign a good percentage of the vote.

I love the assumption on here that people 'shat it' simply because they voted no, it's the same dismissive arrogance that cost the Yes campaign a good percentage of the vote.

That's cause if you ask them, or read every single survey on the subject, almost all no voters cite some fear or other as to the reason they voted no. Almost none are craven Britnats like you who voted out of identity nationalism.

That's just a simple misunderstanding of the facts. Britain is an island, independent or not Scottish people will remain British.

Though only 18% of them identify as such, which must make you cry inside.

You can define or frame that however you wish. 55% of those who voted wanted to remain within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, it's not me that's crying inside mate.

That's cause if you ask them, or read every single survey on the subject, almost all no voters cite some fear or other as to the reason they voted no. Almost none are craven Britnats like you who voted out of identity nationalism.

Here we go again. I'm out before you head off into another angry rant.

So being asked "would you consider yourself Scottish and British" is a less clear way of finding out if someone considers himself "Scottish and British" than "Should Scotland be an independent country". Hmmm.

Of course both are dog whistles to a certain type of person, so it's understandable that said type wouldn't really be able to distinguish between them.

I'm not sure what Natalie McGarry's point is.

While the correct term is "Hon. Member" (because it's the membership that's honourable, not the person...sort of), the terms "Hon. Gentleman" and "Hon. Lady" are quite commonly used. Nothing to do with gender bias.

I hope it continues, will rattle the traditionalists :lol:

It'll also rattle the Speaker and Serjeant-at-Arms. So they'll have to tread carefully.

Archived