The 56 in Westminster!

The speaker is actually on more cash than the PM - £142,826 compared to £142,500 p.a.

That's a take home pay of roughly £7,160 a month compared to about £3,836 (clear) for a regular MP.

Sturgeon is apparently the highest paid politician in the UK

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will if ultimately they find themselves subject to a prolonged suspension without pay.

They won't, particularly given the SNP is rich enough to fund any member suspended by the likes of Bercow - they could probably even crowdfund it from their vast party base and electoral support.

And also because they're not whining VLs like yourself.

Craven, servile, etc... They are throw away insults that mean nothing, Fuzzy I am neither cowardly or humble in my beliefs. Like millions of other British patriots, we are proud and vocal in our support of a United Kingdom. It is our choice.

Its not an insult its an observation.

You descrbed yourself on here as 'a proud, loyal, grateful and humble subject' of the Queen. That's craven and servile. Its just a fact, that's what you are.

:lol: Aye right do you watch parliament, that's all they do.

Yes, I do watch it. I didn't say they didn't do it; I said the Speaker clamps down on it. Nearly every session of PMQs is interrupted by him telling members to basically shut up.

Eric Joyce punched somebody's puss and didn't get banned, only from the Commons bar.

He didn't punch them in the chamber (which extends to Westminster Hall and committee rooms). Someone can't be suspended from the house for behaviour outside the house. The only exceptions are convictions of 12 months or more, or convictions for serious financial wrongdoing. But those are governed by statute as opposed to standing orders or standards and privileges.

They won't, particularly given the SNP is rich enough to fund any member suspended by the likes of Bercow - they could probably even crowdfund it from their vast party base and electoral support.

Except it isn't Bercow who suspends members. It's the house.

And also because they're not whining VLs like yourself.

^^ Verge of tears.

Yes, I do watch it. I didn't say they didn't do it; I said the Speaker clamps down on it. Nearly every session of PMQs is interrupted by him telling members to basically shut up.

He didn't punch them in the chamber (which extends to Westminster Hall and committee rooms). Someone can't be suspended from the house for behaviour outside the house. The only exceptions are convictions of 12 months or more, or convictions for serious financial wrongdoing. But those are governed by statute as opposed to standing orders or standards and privileges.

Aye, clamps down on it big time eh. So tell me the last time someone was banned for it then.

And punching someone in the House of Parliament doesn't get you banned, but you're suggesting clapping will. Good one, jog on mate.

Well well well, the only show in town has arrived. 3rd party status, front line bench opposition, LD Offices taken over, pmq questions, chairing and representation of committees..... more money!

Scotlands voice has become a hell of a lot stronger!!

^ SNP's branch office. :huh:

Craven, servile, etc... They are throw away insults that mean nothing, Fuzzy I am neither cowardly or humble in my beliefs. Like millions of other British patriots, we are proud and vocal in our support of a United Kingdom. It is our choice.

'O, wad some Power the giftie gie us. To see oursels as others see us!

Unprecedented use of foodbanks

Trident

HRA scrapping

Record levels of child poverty

The biggest rich/poor divide in the developed world

Benefits sanactions causing death

Zero hours contracts (exploitative or not)/ Work "fair"

If that's a United Kingdom, I'd hate to see a disunited kingdom.

Aye, clamps down on it big time eh. So tell me the last time someone was banned for it then.

A ban only follows if the member doesn't withdraw when requested. They're asked to withdraw if they persist in a session.

With 650 MPs, it's not hard to work out that it's different people making the noise.

And punching someone in the House of Parliament doesn't get you banned, but you're suggesting clapping will. Good one, jog on mate.

Yes, I am suggesting clapping will, if the Speaker rules it to be disorderly, if the member(s) concerned persist in spite of that ruling and if they refuse to withdraw if requested.

As I said, punching someone outside of the Commons itself does not and cannot lead to a suspension, unless the criminal proceedings result in a jail sentence of 12 months or more.

Unprecedented use of foodbanks

Trident

HRA scrapping

Record levels of child poverty

The biggest rich/poor divide in the developed world

Benefits sanactions causing death

Add zero hours contracts to above list.

They are here for at least another 5 years.

A ban only follows if the member doesn't withdraw when requested. They're asked to withdraw if they persist in a session.

With 650 MPs, it's not hard to work out that it's different people making the noise.

Yes, I am suggesting clapping will, if the Speaker rules it to be disorderly, if the member(s) concerned persist in spite of that ruling and if they refuse to withdraw if requested.

As I said, punching someone outside of the Commons itself does not and cannot lead to a suspension, unless the criminal proceedings result in a jail sentence of 12 months or more.

So when was the last time someone was ejected or banned? You're clutching at straws here, this is a load of pish from a bitter unionist. The SNP are going to spend the next five years trolling the shit out of that disgusting place, and I fucking love it.

Deal with it.

So when was the last time someone was ejected or banned?

Paul Flynn was ejected in 2012 and banned for five days. Nigel Dodds was ejected in 2013.

You're clutching at straws here, this is a load of pish from a bitter unionist.

Who says I'm a Unionist?

While that may be true in a fair contest, my money would still be on the guy with a sword, who has other guys with swords to help out.

For a guy who posts about procedural matters you really don't pay much attention. By a 183 year old act of parliament the seargent-at-arms must be at least 82 years old and suffer from angina. His cohorts cannot be younger than 75 and also have debilitating illnesses.

Their swords are ceremonial.

Than f**k jupe posts on this sub forum because all the other Dees are strange.

Nigel Dodds was ejected in 2013.

Who says I'm a Unionist?

For spouting bigoted pish about parades, which no SNP MP will do as they aren't bigots.

You're clearly a bitter unionist, hence all your posts on this thread. You're almost shaking with rage right now.

Archived