Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or, alternatively, ran the GLC budget - and balanced it - while still in his twenties. Friend of the TU movement as well. All round good egg, basically.

Anyone who doesn't think the world is a better place without that witch hasn't got a soul.

So you would have been happy if the IRA had succeeded in blowing her up at Brighton in 1984?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check this cretinous new labour drone

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3232215/More-positions-Kama-Sutra-not-job-Comment-JOHN-MANN-Labour-MP-Bassetlaw.html

'In the Dog and Duck, they could understand his words. Nationalise the railways. Alf and Bert could agree with that – sounds reasonable enough. Stop austerity. Samantha and Craig can smell a pay rise for themselves here.'

Patronising pish. Absolutely no clue. Genuine contempt for the electorate that he clearly feels are too stupid to understand why they're wrong.

Easy to forget that Labour is still so full of these careerist simpletons, since we got rid of most of them up here

Or, alternatively, ran the GLC budget - and balanced it - while still in his twenties. Friend of the TU movement as well. All round good egg, basically.

Anyone who doesn't think the world is a better place without that witch hasn't got a soul.

That's not what got Robs spidey sense tingling though.

"Key members of Corbyn’s new team are giving his leadership a lukewarm response. Shadow education secretary Lucy Powell, who had never met the new leader in person until this evening, told Radio 4’s PM programme accepting the role had been a “difficult” decision.

The former election campaign vice chairwoman said one of the critical problems Labour faced at the polls was economic credibility. Asked if she believed Corbyn and John McDonnell could convince voters where the previous leader failed, she said: “Not on everything, no, not at all, and some things they have said I don’t agree with.”

They are killing him, one qualified statement at a time.

John McDonnell as shadow chancellor? f*cking hell !!! That's mental, an absolute nut job, couldn't get any better for the Tories,

Not surprising to see you're using the same vile mental health potshot as the Daily Telegraph.

Oh, right wing people

:(

Although Labour aides insisted the reaction at the event – the first meeting of Labour’s MPs and peers since the election – was cordial with “very few” negative questions, individuals who were inside the meeting room in parliament painted a different picture.

“It was a soporific, funereal meeting punctuated by muted applause with most people staring at their shoes,” said one Labour MP.

“It started off polite but by the end was quite solemn with Jeremy given a hard time,” said another Labour MP, who said Corbyn’s comments were largely met by silence. “I can’t help but think it’ll continue like this. He looked quite ashen by the end of it.”

That this is leaking out says a lot, the PLP cannot keep their mouths shut, it's started at IDS levels of unrest - unlikely to improve either.

Corbyn wont make it to Christmas as Labour leader at this rate.

I'll be getting the popcorn out for PMQs tomorrow I think.

Agreed. I think it's the case that large tracts of the PLP simply don't want to give him a chance.

Labour are a fucking joke. That said, I'd be skeptical about any "leaks" from Labour meetings. It could well be journalists trying to invent stories to unsettle Corbyn.

If there is any truth to it, and if I were Corbyn, I'd put my fucking foot down big time. What do these people want who want Corbyn out? More neoliberalism? That's worked just peachy for Labour so far.

Interesting to see the SNP focus on the gender equality of his cabinet. I would argue that's because they don't want to outright engage him on any other progressive policies or beliefs he holds for fear of being seen as too centrist.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that many SNP voters and members see their "leftist" agenda as secondary to an independent Scotland. In reality, the SNP and Jeremy Corbyn are closely linked, and those who believe in the central tenets of SNP policy should hope for a Labour revival, even if it is at the cost of their own party.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that many SNP voters and members see their "leftist" agenda as secondary to an independent Scotland. In reality, the SNP and Jeremy Corbyn are closely linked, and those who believe in the central tenets of SNP policy should hope for a Labour revival, even if it is at the cost of their own party.

More than happy to see the Labour Party in Scotland revived..........after Independence.

John McDonnell will kill off Labour's support for the 3rd runway at Heathrow. It would blight his constituency which is next door as it would suffer massive increases in airport noise.

IIRC the SNP supports the 3rd runway as the increase in capacity should lead to more flights to Glasgow which is now only served by BA.

It's all a bit of a mess for Labour. Corbyn was given a massive mandate to lead the party, which makes it difficult for a coup at Westminster amongst the Labour MP's.

But they all detest that he's now leader. Given the fact that just about all of them are the most devious snake in the grass bunch you could ever meet, they will already be devising ways to undermined him and bring about his downfall without making it look like some kind of coup

It's all a bit of a mess for Labour. Corbyn was given a massive mandate to lead the party, which makes it difficult for a coup at Westminster amongst the Labour MP's.

But they all detest that he's now leader. Given the fact that just about all of them are the most devious snake in the grass bunch you could ever meet, they will already be devising ways to undermined him and bring about his downfall without making it look like some kind of coup

They will undoubtedly be looking at ways of undermining him and ousting him without it looking like a coup, I can't however see any way they could accomplish this. If they do succeed in getting rid of him it will be at the cost of tens of thousands of Labour members and supporters.

If he remains as leader then I am not sure how he brings everyone together as they are most definitely too broad a church. interesting and amusing times ahead.

Archived