Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was a very good tactic asking questions from the "public"Cameron couldnt be seen to not be answering thus couldnt get the attacks in,but at some point he has to start asking about policy

But at the same time it allowed Cameron to easily answer the questions without being put under pressure as there wasn't much in the way of follow up questions.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ committed lifelong bitter royalist Britnat.

Can I ask what it is about republicanism that you so dislike?

Again, is that what I posted or how you chose to read it? It's Corbyn's own brand of republicanism that is so hateful and bitter and always has been.

I've no problem in general with people with opposing views on the Monarchy, none at all. Corbyn and McDonnell are a different kettle of fish altogether.

Aparently he needs to get on one knee and kiss the queens hand to get £6million for the party? Ridiculous.

I really hope that's not true. It's shite like this that really emphasises how antiquated aspects of our political system are. Having a monarchy is bad enough, never mind basically forcing people to submit to them. I quite like some traditions of Westminster, but things like this and still having an unelected upper chamber show how desperately we need parliamentary reform.

Aparently he needs to get on one knee and kiss the queens hand to get £6million for the party? Ridiculous.

That is one of the worst bollox stories ever.

The £6M is the Short money that goes to help fund opposition parties in Parliament,

http://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/short-money/

remember all the fuss of the SNP getting all the extra money straight after the last election.

The £6M goes to Labour and has zero to do with the hand kissing.

The hand kissing rubbish is something you have to do to join what is known as the Privy Council.

This allows Corbyn the access to confidential government reports and secrets and the crap he

needs to read as leader of the opposition. Most of the top of the Cabinet are Privy Counsellors,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjACahUKEwjhxL_Er_7HAhWLcj4KHdesCeo&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPrivy_Council_of_the_United_Kingdom&usg=AFQjCNEoDp0znAAViy_ZizttiLOOg-VolQ

Technically means he can have the info to be an advisor to the Sovereign.

The fact he has to do it to be in that position rather than get it automatically due to his democratic election to his position says a lot for this country.

I really hope that's not true. It's shite like this that really emphasises how antiquated aspects of our political system are. Having a monarchy is bad enough, never mind basically forcing people to submit to them. I quite like some traditions of Westminster, but things like this and still having an unelected upper chamber show how desperately we need parliamentary reform.

The story was about what a hypocrite he would be if he did it. The fact that the whole thing is utterly ridiculous that you have to do it in the first place didn't come up. I saw it on Newsnight, however if it's just more bollocks from the media I apologise.

That is one of the worst bollox stories ever.

The £6M is the Short money that goes to help fund opposition parties in Parliament,

remember all the fuss of the SNP getting all the extra money straight after the last election.

The £6M goes to Labour and has zero to do with the hand kissing.

The hand kissing rubbish is something you have to do to join what is known as the Privy Council.

This allows Corbyn the access to confidential government reports and secrets and the crap he

needs to read as leader of the opposition. Most of the top of the Cabinet are Privy Counsellors,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjACahUKEwjhxL_Er_7HAhWLcj4KHdesCeo&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPrivy_Council_of_the_United_Kingdom&usg=AFQjCNEoDp0znAAViy_ZizttiLOOg-VolQ

Technically means he can have the info to be an advisor to the Sovereign.

The fact he has to do it to be in that position rather than get it automatically due to his democratic election to his position says a lot for this country.

Thanks for the clarification.

While I was reading that it said '1 New Comment' at the bottom and when I clicked it, it turned out to be from the author, and he was basically making a humiliating climbdown and saying it was parody and that he wasn't really calling for a split etc.

I sometimes wonder if craven servility maketh the Labour voter, rather than the other way around.

Ian Murray is the Shadow Secretary of State with David as his number two.

Corbyn could have appointed a Scot who represents an English seat to support him.

Is there many of them out of interest? Can only think of a couple off the top of my head

Is there many of them out of interest? Can only think of a couple off the top of my head

I can think of Coffey, McTaggart, McCabe, McFadden, Smeeth. There used to be a lot more but there was a big turnover at the general election.

There are a few Scottish Tories that represent English seats, e.g. Fox, Laing, Menzies, Stewart, Stevenson and Costa. ETA - None are in the Government but Laing is a Deputy Speaker.

Archived