Trident "A disaster waiting to happen"

~~~

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really that shocked if it turned out to be true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32771925

Call me a cynic, but I doubt security would be so relaxed if it was based near a heavily populated city in the south of England

I watched the TV debate when the opposition MPs were facing an audience.

They were debating Trident and Nicola Sturgeon never asked the audience that in the event of a nuclear strike on this country, where would the first missile land.

She should also have asked them if they would be happy with Trident if it was moored on the Thames.

I shouted at the TV to tell her but she obviously never heard me.

The Trident issue is one I don't really have an issue with. Sadly it's a necessary evil in the world. It's the one issue I disagree with the SNP over. As for it being based at Faslane, yea it kinda sucks. But in the event of a Nuke war it's pretty irrelevant. It is based there for pure simple geographic reasons.

You need a deep water port and access to the ocean. If it was put in the Forth it would be easy for Russian Sonar to detect them and even mine the waters, same reason why it is not in the English Channel. Having it on the west coast is simply logic, I agree we should have dumped it on the Welsh though as who'd miss them?

so without any concrete evidence to back up this sailors allegations angus Robertson snp Westminster leader has already decided the story is true,nothing like jumping the gun so to speak.

So he's just making the story up.

Right you are

I assume you're taking the piss here

The Trident issue is one I don't really have an issue with. Sadly it's a necessary evil in the world. It's the one issue I disagree with the SNP over. As for it being based at Faslane, yea it kinda sucks. But in the event of a Nuke war it's pretty irrelevant. It is based there for pure simple geographic reasons. You need a deep water port and access to the ocean. If it was put in the Forth it would be easy for Russian Sonar to detect them and even mine the waters, same reason why it is not in the English Channel. Having it on the west coast is simply logic, I agree we should have dumped it on the Welsh though as who'd miss them?

I watched the TV debate when the opposition MPs were facing an audience.

They were debating Trident and Nicola Sturgeon never asked the audience that in the event of a nuclear strike on this country, where would the first missile land.

She should also have asked them if they would be happy with Trident if it was moored on the Thames.

I shouted at the TV to tell her but she obviously never heard me.

Have you lost your Scots to English translator?

kevthedee, on 18 May 2015 - 12:37, said:

well it is the bbc reporting the story,according to people on this site it is a corrupt,biased organisation.

Just read that sentence again, see who's reported on it, and just give some actual thought to it.

Just read that sentence again, see who's reported on it, and just give some actual thought to it.

means nothing, i have posted lots of links like the bbc one and they have been dismissed as made up rubbish.

The Trident issue is one I don't really have an issue with. Sadly it's a necessary evil in the world. It's the one issue I disagree with the SNP over. As for it being based at Faslane, yea it kinda sucks. But in the event of a Nuke war it's pretty irrelevant. It is based there for pure simple geographic reasons. You need a deep water port and access to the ocean. If it was put in the Forth it would be easy for Russian Sonar to detect them and even mine the waters, same reason why it is not in the English Channel. Having it on the west coast is simply logic, I agree we should have dumped it on the Welsh though as who'd miss them?

A necessary evil? Go on then let me hear why it is necessary to have nuclear missiles

Archived