Trident "A disaster waiting to happen"

~~~

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sailor who blew the whistle may have been privy to some short comings that need to be addressed he should have passed it up the line he might have got a promotion for being alert.

He says that he did voice concerns to his superiors at the time, but was ignored.

Are the SNP for real, China, Russia etc has nuclear weapons, but they want the UK to give ours up. Are they lunatics, why don't they ask the Russians or Chinese to give theirs up.

Are you for real?

Why the f**k should an independent Scotland want nuclear weapons.

Who are we gonnae go tae war wi'.

If England wants them then park them on the Thames ootside the Hooses o' Parliament.

Are the SNP for real, China, Russia etc has nuclear weapons, but they want the UK to give ours up. Are they lunatics, why don't they ask the Russians or Chinese to give theirs up.

Why hasn't China threatened Japan with nukes yet ? Seeing as they hate each other. Because absolutely no one wants to fire them.

• 4 months later...

No surprise there then. And you can bet your bottom $ it will rise further. Labour are at 6 and 7 over this. I hear Corbyn will now not attend any Trident debate at Scottish Labours shindig in Perth, after saying he would.

Unite are to oppose it so it may just go through.

Are you for real?

Why the f**k should an independent Scotland want nuclear weapons.

Who are we gonnae go tae war wi'.

If England wants them then park them on the Thames ootside the Hooses o' Parliament.

Scotland isn't independent.

You don't get to choose who wants to go to war with you.

However, is the argument here that we don't want nuclear weapons or that we just don't want them parked in Scotland?

Scotland isn't independent.

You don't get to choose who wants to go to war with you.

However, is the argument here that we don't want nuclear weapons or that we just don't want them parked in Scotland?

Your last point is a good one,if trident was based in england as an example would anyone care if trident was a"disaster waiting to happen"as this thread makes out.

Your last point is a good one,if trident was based in england as an example would anyone care if trident was a"disaster waiting to happen"as this thread makes out.

Well aye, either a major accident or, remote as it may seem an actual nuclear strike on Britain, and next door isn't exactly far away from the fall out.

beyond that, regardless of it's berthing I am (unfortunately) a UK tax payer, so some of my money is spent on that moral abomination as well.

Do you know how nuclear weapons work Kevin?

it would be interesting to see how opinion on Trident would be different if it was based elsewhere. Not just from a Scottish nationalist perspective but across the country. I remember someone from Durham or somewhere on Question Time claiming she would have absolutely no issue with Trident being based there instead.

it would be interesting to see how opinion on Trident would be different if it was based elsewhere. Not just from a Scottish nationalist perspective but across the country. I remember someone from Durham or somewhere on Question Time claiming she would have absolutely no issue with Trident being based there instead.

I remember that - wasn't her exact wording that she would happily have these WMDs installed "in her back garden" if the UK government wanted to do so?

About 53 million English people for a start.

What a load of bollocks.

Say you put Trident off the South Coast, you might piss off people in Portsmouth, but no one in Liverpool would care one way or the other.

Plenty of people from Glasgow have no issue with where trident is.

What about people from the borders who would be far closer to Trident if it was in Durham? How do they feel?

Archived