Trident "A disaster waiting to happen"

~~~

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone needs to explain the concept of realpolitik to Enrico.

And Dugdale, who now looks like her firm belief in renewing nuclear weapons whilst telling the whole world to disarm wasn't quite so firm after all (right after she'd been reiterating them last week). She looks instead like an opportunist. Her views on Trident were always lifted verbatim from Murphy.

Tom Harris is an utter cretin. Genuinely disgusting that he managed to make a career out of politics.

Referred to Stop the War as “a mad cap coalition of trots, Islamists and anti-west fury chimps”. Admittedly not his worst offence but it definitely reminded me how glad I am that he and the rest of his ilk got troughed out on their fat arses. I just wish they would f**k off now - we did give a pretty clear message that we don't give a f**k what they have to say for themselves.

I'd like SNP to explain how they are going to magically replace all the direct and indirect jobs that Trident currently supports

Easy, they will turn faslane into the home base of the Scottish Navy. After the ships are built in our own yards. It's the non nuclear bonus

I'd like SNP to explain how they are going to magically replace all the direct and indirect jobs that Trident currently supports

During my adult lifetime I have seen the demise of the steel industry, the coal industry, the car industry, heavy engineering and, to a large degree, light engineering in the UK and in Scotland. No one seemed to be too bothered about replacing the jobs of those affected in those largely benign but economically important industries. But when it comes to Trident it should be all about the jobs?

If the budget for Trident was diverted to socially beneficial activities it would create significantly more jobs and help retrain those presently dependent upon it.

Archived