Trident "A disaster waiting to happen"

~~~

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was for trident on question time last wk!

Indeed, she looks utterly weak and completey without credibility. She has no one to blame but herself. When you are a political weather cock your hypocrisy and shallowness will catch up with you eventually.

She can't even pretend to have been swayed by the arguments it's that short a turnaround.

All this posturing about being autonomous because:

1. Being Stronger for Scotland is an effective message and Labour are finally catching onto it and

2. She probably is too stupid to realise that Corbynism doesn't actually play that badly in Scotland

without any sort of thought about what the long term, or even few days away, consequences of that position might be.

Her speech at the weekend was awful. She would be a decent researcher or maybe a local councillor - I get the impression she does genuinely care about people but a national leader? Jeezo.I think she is genuinely is a bit dim.

I'd like SNP to explain how they are going to magically replace all the direct and indirect jobs that Trident currently supports

You clearly don't understand opportunity costs if you can come out with a statement like that.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13951529.Trident_renewal_vote_scheduled_for_before_the_Holyrood_elections/

Looks like the Tories are going to push for an early vote on Trident. If the vote goes ahead before May I would think that would help the SNP.

Not sure about Labour , I like this quote from their spokesperson

A Labour spokesman said: “Scottish Labour opposes the renewal of Trident. Labour is reviewing our position and the views of Scottish Labour Conference will feed into this review.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34759626

Totally agree with Corbyn on this. Dangerous when the army starts commenting on political policy. Yes they will have a view but this smacks off the hand of Cameron.

It does not matter what Corbyn's views on Trident are - an unelected General should not be sticking his beak in to what are political matters.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, didn't Kezia vote against. Though she was a strong supporter of Trident previously

Exactly. She wants to renew trident and voted against it.

Ian Murray and Jeremy Corbyn are both strongly against it and abstained.

It makes their public position confused and it also makes it easy to question their integrity. They just don't seem to learn that strong views one way or another will actually gain them votes, rather than their adopted indifference to everything.

They just don't seem to learn that strong views one way or another will actually gain them votes, rather than their adopted indifference to everything.

Bingo. It seems so fucking simple and yet they just can't get a grasp on it. That is why they are finished

Archived