Trident "A disaster waiting to happen"

~~~

I for one am shocked an SNP politician has expressed worry over the potential for a disaster to befall the country he represents.

No proof in this story about any chance of "potential disaster" just snp using this story to scaremonger about trident.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No proof in this story about any chance of "potential disaster" just snp using this story to scaremonger about trident.

Why don't you give us a story, meanwhile, from those bastions of impartiality, the Telegraph and The Daily Mail.

:lol::lol:

Russia is not the only Nuke threat. North Korea has a well known nuclear programme, yes it has limited range so far. Iran we know is trying hard to be a nuclear powered state. India and Pakistan are also nuclear powers. Why should we give up ours when they have no intention to do so.

Russia is not the only Nuke threat. North Korea has a well known nuclear programme, yes it has limited range so far. Iran we know is trying hard to be a nuclear powered state. India and Pakistan are also nuclear powers. Why should we give up ours when they have no intention to do so.

Building a nuclear weapon is the easy part.

Building a delivery method is ridiculously hard, very few nations in the world have the capability to build and launch Intercontinental ballistic missile

Let's not forget MAD = mutually assured destruction

Even if we launched every nuke at Russia, they'd still come out of it.

Russia though could rather easily kill every living thing on these islands

Let's not forget MAD = mutually assured destruction

Even if we launched every nuke at Russia, they'd still come out of it.

Russia though could rather easily kill every living thing on these islands

Which is why British doctrine is to target the leaders. Might make someone think twice if they know multiple nuclear warheads are going to land directly on their heads.

Which is why British doctrine is to target the leaders. Might make someone think twice if they know multiple nuclear warheads are going to land directly on their heads.

You really don't believe the Russians would prepare for this?

I highly doubt Putin will be sitting in his office having a coffee during a nuclear attack

You really don't believe the Russians would prepare for this?

I highly doubt Putin will be sitting in his office having a coffee during a nuclear attack

And you really don't believe we prepare for that?

What about all those other Countries that have a land and/or sea border with the big bad Russians. How will the survive - Norway, Finland, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Iran, Georgia, Armenia, Latvia, Estonia, Sweden, Mongolia and Japan

Japan is the perfect example. I've never heard of China threatening them with nukes even though they don't like each other. It's a load of shite, no one will fire them.

Japan is the perfect example. I've never heard of China threatening them with nukes even though they don't like each other. It's a load of shite, no one will fire them.

I'm not sure you understand this. They are a deterrent.

I'm not sure you understand this. They are a deterrent.

I don't think you do. When was the last time a large, sophisticated, country attacked another one ?

Putin and co wouldn't give up their cushy lives to go to war with western Europe, nukes or not. It's absurd.

There's little advantage in having them with current global dimplomacy, but things can change. I don't think they're really worth the cost, but there are some advantages in having them. I dont like where they're stored though. I'd be for getting rid, I don't think the UK is all that much of a world power and it would make very little difference if we didn't have them. There are bigger countries than us that get on fine without them,.

Archived