Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

It does! Mikey Anderson has signed a new contract with Stenhousemuir until the summer of 2025.

This is great news - I think Anderson is the best player in the division at the moment and his improvement at the club has been stark. He genuinely looked like he was plucked from the stands in his earlier games but he's developed into such a force in the middle of the park for us. I think he's got the ability to get even better too.

What a way to start the weekend!

3 hours ago, Burnsythebinman said:

could someone with better knowledge than me list who is signed up for next season

Someone might need to correct but I think the following players are signed up until the summer of 2025:

• Michael Anderson
  • James Berry
  • Kinlay Bilham
  • Gregor Buchanan
  • Ross Meechan
  • Euan O'Reilly
  • Ross Taylor

I thought Darren Jamieson was signed up on a two-year deal but it appears to be a 12-month contract instead. Alas!

Great highlights 👌

Our first win down there in 8 years or something which feels like another big statement of intent from this group of players.

Was a strange game. I didn't think there was much between the teams but it felt like a training game for us as soon as we went ahead there was only going to be one outcome.

We certainly got away with one for the first goal though as for me Bucky pushes their boy into the goalkeeper. The standard of officials is rotten as well all know so happy to have one in our favour this time.

Solid team performance from the boys.

1 hour ago, Crazy Days said:

Great highlights really puts out efforts to shame.

Two niggly goals for Stranraer to lose and a good finish by O'Reilly earns us a good result.  Fist goal certainly looks like Stranraer player impeded his own keeper.

I agree that they produce a great highlights package and was very complimentary over on Twitter. 

Think you’re giving the media team a disservice though, but we’re always on the lookout for volunteers who want to give up their time for free like the rest of us do. 

I suppose it depends on what colour of glasses you wear but I thought Dolan touches the ball before colliding into Lynch (3.58), the ref misses a push on Ross by Buchanan (4.54), and leading up to the second goal Anderson foul throws (6.56). O'Reilly looks a quality player and good luck for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, Ianiesta8 said:

I agree that they produce a great highlights package and was very complimentary over on Twitter. 

Think you’re giving the media team a disservice though, but we’re always on the lookout for volunteers who want to give up their time for free like the rest of us do. 

Ian you seem very tetchy regarding any feedback, though I agree "to shame" was harsh. 

Just because people volunteer it doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism/feedback & the response that I have seen from you before which is basically.........well you volunteer then is just silly. 

You & your team do a good job and I know everyone is grateful for it, don't take things so personally. 

44 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Ian you seem very tetchy regarding any feedback, though I agree "to shame" was harsh. 

Just because people volunteer it doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism/feedback & the response that I have seen from you before which is basically.........well you volunteer then is just silly. 

You & your team do a good job and I know everyone is grateful for it, don't take things so personally. 

We're always grateful for feedback and we always act on it where possible. 

Saying the efforts that we've put into a piece of content puts our to shame is harsh though and I'll always defend the team. By all means, you can criticise the content and the output, but I can't just sit back and watch someone criticise the efforts of the team. There's a big difference between criticising the effort vs criticising the output. Especially considering the man hours that the guys put in to make the club look as strong as possible, and to give the fans, especially the ones that can't make the game, the best matchday experience that we can. 

We know where our shortfalls are though and we know where we need to improve. We're trying to get funding or sponsorship that allows us to invest in better equipment as that is really our main hinderance. At the moment, the team are having to pay for stuff ourselves to deliver the best product that we can for the fans. 

If anyone has opinions or ways that we can deliver what you guys want, then feel free to drop me or Connor an email - Connor.fergusion@stenhousemuirfc.com - Ian.fitzpatrick@stenhousemuirfc.com

Edited by Ianiesta8

On 20/11/2023 at 09:24, Burnsythebinman said:

the posts from the media team this year is really good. to say its shameful would p**s me off as well to be fair

Agreed, the media team do well to put out the info and media that they do. Just recently some of us were applauding the content. 

Keep going those involved, we appreciate it. Would be nice if the club could give you's something more towards it, as it'll pay for itself in the long run.