Motherwell v Hibs / Rangers - Play Off Final

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does. We need it quite badly as it's a game which ignites interest. At the moment we are a fairly meh team for everyone and we tend to reciprocate those meh feelings. Us and A*r got a semi final crowd of over 30'000 between us and tend to attract the 7000ish crowd for more meaningless meetings with each other. (We really hate those dirty A*r b******s).

Even at only a fiver a ticket for the biggest game in their entire history, the blue bigots left more than a fifth of their stadium empty. I'm not sure they are big enough yet to be allowed to play at the top table.

You don't do irony well, do you?

Slagging Rangers for getting 41,000+ supporters at a midweek game while boasting about Killie and Ayr getting 30K at a semi-final on a weekend for a fixture that very rarely would crop up :-)

You're either an idiot or so blinded by your hatred that you can't contain yourself.

Please don't f**k this up Motherwell, I can't stand the thought of having they b*****ds singing their vile songs again at Parkhead. Please Skippy after all this 10 years since helicopter Sunday patter the media have been spouting just do these c***s.

Please don't f**k this up Motherwell, I can't stand the thought of having they b*****ds singing their vile songs again at Parkhead.

'Again' and 'Back'. Two words that true Plastics should excise from their vocabulary but just can't.

'Again' and 'Back'. Two words that true Plastics should excise from their vocabulary but just can't.

lol man. You're still the same b*****ds I referred to, different club or not.

Jesus. I hoped I'd never see the name Rangers in a match day thread on this section of the site ever again.

Inevitability buddy, you'll be hearing it much more next season

Please don't f**k this up Motherwell, I can't stand the thought of having they b*****ds singing their vile songs again at Parkhead. Please Skippy after all this 10 years since helicopter Sunday patter the media have been spouting just do these c***s.

Vile songs? like chants about Lee Rigby's death and the IRA??

hypocrite

And you'll be hearing and reminded over and over and over how you're club died every single week for the rest of your life!!

whatever gets you through the night pal, i understand it may be difficult to be an Arbroath fan sometimes

whatever gets you through the night pal, i understand it may be difficult to be an Arbroath fan sometimes

Difficult?!???

It's not difficult at all, an unbroken history since 1878, proud world record holders and have always lived within our means

Unlike Rangers FC ( R.I.P )

As most 'well fans in this thread have pointed out it really depends whether we turn up and want to win or whether we just turn up and roll over. The only time we've played Sevco was with McCall in charge and by all accounts rolling over against Sevco was his thing, whilst his record against the Oldco team was laughable.

That said if you go back to our most recent full season without McCall in charge (Gannon/Brown 2009/10) we drew 3 (2 home, 1 away) & lost 1 against Oldco.

As an overview here's how our season actually panned out:

League record under McCall:

P W D L F A PTS

12 2 1 9 7 21 7

League record under Baraclough:

P W D L F A PTS

22 7 4 11 27 38 25

Arguably the shocking run under Baraclough in December & January was very much a consequence of fixing the problems that McCall left behind when he walked. Our record since the transfer window shut & Bara brought in his own players and Black was sacked has been much improved, save the bottling of our 'must win' games against Thistle, Accies & Ross County after the split.

P W D L F A PTS

15 5 4 6 23 18 19

We're unbeaten at home since February, the last home defeat was the 1-0 Dundee game that very much represented the nadir of that poor run. Since then we've scored 15 in 7 games at home. What is undeniable though is that our away form is shocking. In those 15 games since the end of the window we've only won 1 (vs. Killie) out of 6 away from home, which is why the game at Ibrox on Thursday is as important.

Similarly, a major factor is whether we can get ourselves together to defend like something marginally above pub team level for 2 games. I'm not hugely confident that we can.

ETA: Our last 5 home games (13 scored, 2 conceded);

20th March: 4-0 vs Accies

7th April: 5-0 vs St. Mirren

2nd May: 1-1 vs Ross County

8th May: 3-1 vs Kilmarnock

23rd May 0-0 vs Thistle

Did you know that only one team has ever been relegated from the SPL the following season after finishing 11th the previous season since season 1998-99. Dunfermline Ath 11th in 2004-05. So finishing 11th doesn't automatically mean that club will be relegation fodder the following season, they will want to improve as well by bringing in new players. If Motherwell stay up, I would doubt they will be struggling again like they did this season under McCall.

Success for a team coming up first season is staying up and Motherwell despite finishing 11th were definitely not the 11th worst team on form after the January window though, not even close to.

They are a strange team some days they play like the team that finished 2nd last season other times they look like the team struggling away in the play off place. Who knows which team will show up at Ibrox?.

On the other side of it had McCoist and Kenny clipboard departed earlier and McCall came in, you probably would have been closer to Hearts and clear in 2nd place as well, going by the improvements he has brought in.

Hit the nail firmly on the head. If we turn up we will stay up. If we put in a performance like we did against Hamilton three times this season then we are going to get our arses handed to us

Motherwell allocated 950 tickets for Ibrox.

Rangers allocated 1500 tickets for Fir Park.

And unless you are a ST holder or member of the Well Society, you can't buy a ticket in the home end. Decent effort to restrict the orks from sitting next to me tbh. Might be some pies left at 1520 as well.

Archived