Motherwell v Hibs / Rangers - Play Off Final

I feel the only thing that should make Rangers favourites is the fact that we have to go to Ibrox first.

I would be confident of beating them at Fir Park.

Despite the huge financial advantage Rangers have, there's not much between us.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Motherwell are favourites, the games they played well - the destructions of Hamilton and St Mirren they've shown more in attack than Rangers have the full season in an easier league, albeit their defence being suspect they will only really need to hold it together as Rangers lack any real creative spark. Fancy Mcdonald to get a couple and the Well players to be right up for this, Can't see any of the former Celtic players or Lasley holding back.

I feel the only thing that should make Rangers favourites is the fact that we have to go to Ibrox first.

I would be confident of beating them at Fir Park.

Despite the huge financial advantage Rangers have, there's not much between us.

Pretty much my thinking, if we don't lose at Ibrox then I'd make us very slight favourites.

'98 I believe mate.

'97 actually.

Owen Coyle day when we cancelled their nine in a row party.

We need another day like that and another hero to step up to the plate at Ibrox this Thursday if we are to win this playoff.

'97 actually.

We need another day like that and another hero to step up to the plate at Ibrox this Thursday if we are to win this playoff.

Would be fantastic mate but unfortunately I can't see past a bottle job.

Sadly neither can I. I just have no faith that this team and that manager will have what it takes to go to Ibrox and in front of 50,000 screaming orcs have the bottle to prevail.

Out of interest, Mikey, when was the last time that Motherwell beat Rangers at Ibrox?

'98 I believe mate.

'97 actually.

Motherwell fans showing sense rather than being P&B patsies.

In truth, you're the last club I'd want us to 'pap oot' but, equally, I'd rather us lose to Motherwell than anyone else.

Thanks for your best wishes - fans from other teams.

Sadly I am not confident of keeping Sevco out of the top flight

I expect a repeat of the semi final in that Rangers will win by a couple of goals at home and we will labour to now in the home leg.

Desperately hope I am wrong, but if a team cannot beat St Mirren, Hamilton or Partick away in must wins games what hope do we have at Castle Grey skull.

Thanks for your best wishes - fans from other teams.Sadly I am not confident of keeping Sevco out of the top flight I expect a repeat of the semi final in that Rangers will win by a couple of goals at home and we will labour to now in the home leg. Desperately hope I am wrong, but if a team cannot beat St Mirren, Hamilton or Partick away in must wins games what hope do we have at Castle Grey skull.

Rangers have improved of late but they still aren't great. Queen of the South were the best against them, although they lost it was fairly even.

There is no reason that Motherwell can't beat them - you just have to play the team in front of you and not"The Rangers" name.

Archived