Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can play at centre back but is best in the middle of the park in my opinion. Loves a challenge and quite a leader on the park. Not sure he's good enough for a league 1 challenging team but he'll certainly give his all.

Thats handy that both Nicol and O'Brien can play at the back and sitting in midfield. Surely the money saved from Hilson/Husband/Kader can now go on a striker? Cant think of anyone out there so maybe looking at a loan.

Surely has to be better options than barrowman. Didn't look the part at either Morton or the Pars and his goal scoring record ain't great either. Would prefer to see a young goal-hungry striker on loan this season, if Dick can tie one down that is. Simon Murray from Dundee United??

Agree, someone young and hungry who can run in behind defences. Hilson did this very well for the first 10 games or so last season.

This is pretty much all we're missing, frankly.

Defence and midfield looks set. If Kader leaves I think Smith/Hay will feature more, no need to replace him directly.

I do think Hay would be able to perform the role you mention, but perhaps it's too early for the lad.

What do we expect the first choice XI to be?

I'd picture us lining up:

Douglas

Baxter Travis O'Brien Campbell

Denholm Young Hodge Swankie

Templeman Hilson/replacement

OR

Douglas

Baxter Travis O'Brien Campbell

Fotheringham Young Hodge

Denholm Templeman/new striker Swankie

Archived