FIFA officials arrested.

All the first class flights and Mexico restaurants and hotels will be sorted then for all the delegates. Business as usual. Viva Mexico!

Edited by welshbairn

Lets see Platini follow through with his threat to boycott the World Cup...I predict him getting his toungue back up FIFAs arse in the hope he gets the big chair in 2019

Lets not forget Platini voted to hold the World Cup in Qatar

A boycott won't happen, which is a shame, how Blatter can still be in charge after recent events is unbelievable

I don't foresee anything fundamental happening as regards FIFA... Some new people will come in, to fill the shoes of those facing extradition and legal actions - they and Blatter will say "those people and what they did are terrible, we're different". And the dodgy-ness will proceed as before.

If the investigations into 2018 & 2022 produce something really clear regarding corruption then maybe Qatar could be in some doubt, but I don't see it.

I don't really see what the European nations can do... It is easy to talk about boycotting World Cups, resigning en masse and organising your own rival tournament, and so on, but a heck of a step to actually do it. From the voting it seems like the only FAs who have a big issue are the Europeans, some other major countries like USA / Australia / Japan, and the odd principled FA elsewhere. Some of the 73 votes would be the Prince's local Asian allies.

Hopefully the FBI come along with an extradition warrant and take him away, question is how do you sort the mess out, it's big business now and not a sport any more.

That won't be happening to a Swiss national in Switzerland, unfortunately.

It's almost like he thought of that when he built the headquarters.

That won't be happening to a Swiss national in Switzerland, unfortunately.

It's almost like he thought of that when he built the headquarters.

Surely he travels about a bit though. I'm sure they'll get their man.

I don't foresee anything fundamental happening as regards FIFA... Some new people will come in, to fill the shoes of those facing extradition and legal actions - they and Blatter will say "those people and what they did are terrible, we're different". And the dodgy-ness will proceed as before.

If the investigations into 2018 & 2022 produce something really clear regarding corruption then maybe Qatar could be in some doubt, but I don't see it.

I don't really see what the European nations can do... It is easy to talk about boycotting World Cups, resigning en masse and organising your own rival tournament, and so on, but a heck of a step to actually do it. From the voting it seems like the only FAs who have a big issue are the Europeans, some other major countries like USA / Australia / Japan, and the odd principled FA elsewhere. Some of the 73 votes would be the Prince's local Asian allies.

The brown envelopes will be a whole lot thinner if Europe and America pull out. The TV rights alone would be drifting towards African Cup of Nations levels. And then you have the sponsors. One good thing about FIFA is that third world countries have as much say as the rich western ones. Unfortunately they fucked up the gravy train by taking the pish. I think Greg Dyke is right, Blatter will be gone in a year or so, if not a lot sooner.