St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33051200

Ten players are leaving St Mirren following their relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

Gregg Wylde, Marian Kello, Victor Genev, Jeroen Tesselaar and Yoann Arquin have been released.

Youth team players Mark Williams, Mo Yaqub and Adam Brown are also exiting, along with on-loan duo James Dayton and Emmanuel Sonupe.

New manager Ian Murray will hold talks with Steven Thompson, Alan Gow and John McGinn, who are all out of contract.

If McGinn, 20, moves on the Paisley club will be due around £270,000 in compensation.

Winger Kieran Sadlier, who spent the second half of last season on loan from West Ham, has been invited back for pre-season training, as has Thomas Reilly.

The 20-year-old Reilly made his Buddies debut in January 2012 and made 23 appearances last season.

Why are professional journalists still getting this wrong? He was never on loan, he's never been on loan in his career.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likewise with the squad we have we'd probably be relegation candidates (mainly because we don't have many players). It seems to be the consensus that a few astute signings can allow you to challenge for the play-offs in this division...so it's not outwith the realms of possibility for Morton to be up there.

Definitely looking forward to the derby games, hopefully a proper atmosphere will be generated at St Mirren park for a change!

Yeah, but you have a manager who can be trusted to make the astute signings required to get you into the playoffs. We have Jim Duffy.

Regardless of my fear that we're going to get four absolute pumpings from you it'll be nice to get a proper atmosphere in both grounds aside from the annual pre-season shitfest.

Agnew has been excellent for us over the years but still not convinced he's 'top 4' material. Would be happy to see him prove me wrong, really nice guy as well as a good servant to the Sons.

Very surprised by this move from Murray but he tends to stick with guys he knows.

Not top 4 material ? Just as well he's signed for St.Mirren then.

He'll beat a man and sprint down the wing but then will pass it out the park or hit it out of play, then does nothing for the rest of the game. His decision making is terrible. There's a player in there somewhere, but he's either not got the brains or the desire to realise it.

Don't think anything has happened to him. He's always been shite.

Annnd despite that I'd love him at Dunfermline, high earner at St Mirren?

Annnd despite that I'd love him at Dunfermline, high earner at St Mirren?

I would imagine so. Plus, he's just forked out for a hair transplant so needs to recover some cash.

To be fair, he has genuine pace and can be unpredictable which makes him difficult to play against. Problem is that time is up for him just to have potential, he's achieved little at his last four clubs.

Like Iain Harte all over again :bairn

Yes and no - at least the club hasn't made itself look silly this time by announcing it.

Could be he's agreed to sign but technically hasn't signed.

I would imagine so. Plus, he's just forked out for a hair transplant so needs to recover some cash.

To be fair, he has genuine pace and can be unpredictable which makes him difficult to play against. Problem is that time is up for him just to have potential, he's achieved little at his last four clubs.

We can pay him in empty seats I suppose.

Stay away from Wylde. He did ok when he first came in but the deterioration in his play since then has been dramatic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this season. The proper derby games, the return of the PnB derby and some good away days.

I expect to finish no better than 6th, and I'll be delighted with that.

I genuinely like(d) wylde. He can take on a man and hit a ball in. It may not always be the most accurate, but he likes to run in and cut it back. It doesn't help when he's running up the wing with his own fans calling him an arsehole mind you.

However, he modelled our kit last season, so can't have great eyesight.

Aye, from what I hear he's weighing up your offer against a somewhat ridiculous Alloa offer, hence the reason he has knocked back ours.

Aye? Where'd you hear that? Would be disappointed if he went to alloa.

You are getting Kieran Tierney and Paul McMullan on loan from us. It's nice to see us use the loan system to develop players instead of using it as a convenient way to get rid of players we don't want. They're both highly rated and should have a chance to one day make it at Celtic if they develop well. Tierney is a left back/left mid. Decent pace and I've seen him do some world-class crosses. Paul McMullan I've seen less but those who have say that he's a top talent too. They're both young so they probably lack a little in terms of physical strength, especially Tierney.

£600 a week, same terms as they had Chopra on last year. We can't compete with that nor is Agnew worth that. Might be a load of shite but it's what I've been told. I'd also rather he went to St Mirren.

Why?

We'd hardly be missing out on a world beater. Despite our thin squad central midfield isn't a pressing concern and I wouldn't have him in front of Mallan or Goodwin. Even though it is unlikely that he'll stay, I'd much rather our efforts went into trying to get John McGinn to stay for another instead of a 28 year old who has been kicking around the lower leagues all his days.

£600 a week, same terms as they had Chopra on last year. We can't compete with that nor is Agnew worth that. Might be a load of shite but it's what I've been told. I'd also rather he went to St Mirren.

Agnew to Alloa at £600 a week is a load of rubbish.

Archived