St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Never seen the guy play but looks like he's been doing a good job in this league for a wee while.

Left sided attacking player who takes set pieces, i wonder if this puts the Carey chat to bed?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen the guy play but looks like he's been doing a good job in this league for a wee while.

Left sided attacking player who takes set pieces, i wonder if this puts the Carey chat to bed?

Centre midfield, never ever play him on the wing!

Centre mid is he?

Was purely going by his wiki/transfer market profiles. :lol:

Aye, played deeper last season but is best as an attacking player with a strong defensive mid behind him. His wiki page is perfect! I edited that during his entire time with us :lol:

Carey chat?

Agnew has been excellent for us over the years but still not convinced he's 'top 4' material. Would be happy to see him prove me wrong, really nice guy as well as a good servant to the Sons.

Very surprised by this move from Murray but he tends to stick with guys he knows.

Might be interesting to see how he adjusts to full time football. Some of the P/T players down the years, like McGregor, Hinchcliffe, John O'Neill, took to it rather well. Others like everyone else we signed from Cowdenbeath and Mark Crilly didn't.

Carey chat?

Yeah, twitter rumours last week that we'd offered Carey and Clarkson contracts.

Other players being linked with us at the moment include Kieran Tierney and Paul McMullan on loan from Celtic. Celtic are playing 3 pre-season games at SMP and there are rumours that we'll be leasing the ground out to them for U20 fixtures like we used to do with Rangers reserves. As a result, we'll get a few loanees. This really isn't a problem as the vast majority of Celtic loan signings have been good for us. Scott Cuthbert, Graham Carey and Paul McGowan all worked out rather well and the only one I remember who didn't really do much was Paul Lawson.

Yeah, twitter rumours last week that we'd offered Carey and Clarkson contracts.

Other players being linked with us at the moment include Kieran Tierney and Paul McMullan on loan from Celtic. They're playing 3 pre-season games at SMP and there are rumours that we'll be leasing the ground out to them for U20 fixtures like we used to do with Rangers reserves. As a result, we'll get a few loanees. This really isn't a problem as the vast majority of Celtic loan signings have been good for us. Scott Cuthbert, Graham Carey and Paul McGowan all worked out rather well and the only one I remember who didn't really do much was Paul Lawson.

Sounds good.

Agnew has been an absolutely fantastic player for Dumbarton over the past few seasons and has a brilliant left foot however......

I am really surprised at him getting a full time contract, he is one of the most one footed footballers I have seen (apart from 1 absolute cracker with is right foot!). He was really poor at the start of last season albeit finished the season strongly. Murray obviously thinks he can step up to full time football but I can't see him as anything other than a squad player if St Mirren are serious about challenging.

That said, I really hope I am wrong and it works out for for him as he is a cracking bloke and is also guaranteed to score a few against us next season!

Would definitely take Wylde at Dunfermline, what's happened to him?

He'll beat a man and sprint down the wing but then will pass it out the park or hit it out of play, then does nothing for the rest of the game. His decision making is terrible. There's a player in there somewhere, but he's either not got the brains or the desire to realise it.

Agnew has been an absolutely fantastic player for Dumbarton over the past few seasons and has a brilliant left foot however......

I am really surprised at him getting a full time contract, he is one of the most one footed footballers I have seen (apart from 1 absolute cracker with is right foot!). He was really poor at the start of last season albeit finished the season strongly. Murray obviously thinks he can step up to full time football but I can't see him as anything other than a squad player if St Mirren are serious about challenging.

That said, I really hope I am wrong and it works out for for him as he is a cracking bloke and is also guaranteed to score a few against us next season!

It's always a risk signing a P/T player to full time.

You win some and you lose some.

Not too bothered if he's one footed. Kenny McLean couldn't kick his own arse with his right foot most of the time and he's done not too badly for himself.

As a Raith fan I welcome you all to the division from hell. Don't count on finishing top 4. Sevco Hibs Raith Falkirk QOS Morton and yourself will all believe they can make play offs. Should be even better than last season. Good luck

As a Raith fan I welcome you all to the division from hell. Don't count on finishing top 4. Sevco Hibs Raith Falkirk QOS Morton and yourself will all believe they can make play offs. Should be even better than last season. Good luck

Why does anyone think Morton will be challenging for the playoffs? Okay, we've still got four or five signings to make which could strengthen us considerably, but our squad as it stands would get relegated and the signings will be made by Jim Duffy.

The excitement which I should have for the derbies is severely curbed due to St. Mirren having the best manager in the division and Morton having the worst.

Why does anyone think Morton will be challenging for the playoffs? Okay, we've still got four or five signings to make which could strengthen us considerably, but our squad as it stands would get relegated and the signings will be made by Jim Duffy.

The excitement which I should have for the derbies is severely curbed due to St. Mirren having the best manager in the division and Morton having the worst.

Likewise with the squad we have we'd probably be relegation candidates (mainly because we don't have many players). It seems to be the consensus that a few astute signings can allow you to challenge for the play-offs in this division...so it's not outwith the realms of possibility for Morton to be up there.

Definitely looking forward to the derby games, hopefully a proper atmosphere will be generated at St Mirren park for a change!

Archived