St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does a song cause delays to train services? Surely if the train was stopped to deal with the culprits they could just arrange for the police to be at the stop they were stopping at?

Or did they allow them to sing all the way back to Glasgow offending people, allow the offenders off the train and then call the police to investigate?

Decent interview with Murray here. Maybe he isn't as stubborn as I thought.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13897598._The_job_is_far_bigger_than_people_perceive____Graham_Spiers_interviews_Ian_Murray/

“I’ve made mistakes, and there were maybe things that I underestimated at the start,” said Murray, reflecting on his opening, testy five months at the club. “The job is far bigger than is sometimes perceived. It is a fantastic club with a fantastic fan-base, but the job is a huge challenge."

He is going to make mistakes. It is his first full time managerial gig and the club's morale can't have been that high after our relegation.

It was always going to take time. I think he has finally worked out his best line up and formation so hopefully the performances and more importantly the results improve.

He is going to make mistakes. It is his first full time managerial gig and the club's morale can't have been that high after our relegation.

It was always going to take time. I think he has finally worked out his best line up and formation so hopefully the performances and more importantly the results improve.

Yeah, he pretty much admits he fannied about too much with the line ups and formations. He's stuck to that 4-4-2 with Mallan and Howieson wide and it seems to be paying off. It's interesting though, as they're not traditional wide men, but they have that freedom to come inside. Almost like a 4-2-2-2 (if we want to go by Fifa formations).

Yeah, he pretty much admits he fannied about too much with the line ups and formations. He's stuck to that 4-4-2 with Mallan and Howieson wide and it seems to be paying off. It's interesting though, as they're not traditional wide men, but they have that freedom to come inside. Almost like a 4-2-2-2 (if we want to go by Fifa formations).

Aye at first I thought Howieson looked a dud. Has improved though .

We have the spine of a good team . Only possible change I'd make would be Shankland for Thommo but then I thought he had a great game on Sunday and easily lasted the 90 mins even though he was pressing the whole game.

Just noticed how quiet this thread is. Think most Saints fans are sticking to the other forum just now.

I still prefer Mallan to be playing in the middle rather than out wide.

It reminds me of the latter part of Gus MacPherson's time in that we have a dearth of central midfielders and we've ended up playing some of them out wide.

Or Danny Lennon... Same old story!

I'm not sure what people were expecting this season. It was never going to be easy after last season's disaster. To expect play offs, as a minimum, in a league with Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and QoS (who have all been very good recently) is crazy, particularly when they know the league better than us.

I'd be delighted if we finish 4th+, but I'd be happy to stick with Murray so long as we finish 8th or above. We need this season to consolidate and rebuild. I think people are forgetting how disastrous the last two seasons in the Premiership actually were.

Or Danny Lennon... Same old story!

I'm not sure what people were expecting this season. It was never going to be easy after last season's disaster. To expect play offs, as a minimum, in a league with Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and QoS (who have all been very good recently) is crazy, particularly when they know the league better than us.

I'd be delighted if we finish 4th+, but I'd be happy to stick with Murray so long as we finish 8th or above. We need this season to consolidate and rebuild. I think people are forgetting how disastrous the last two seasons in the Premiership actually were.

QoS? Really?

Archived