St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Hope we're able to bring another midfielder in tomorrow. Linked with Sam Stanton but not sure he's what we need. Would prefer someone physically strong but creative and able to control a midfield, or at least move us up the park, ala John McGinn.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closest pub is The Alamo on Caledonia Street about 10 mins from the Stadium. Popular with Away fans and allegedly hand out free pies. Alternative is have a beer in one of the pubs near Gilmour St Station and get the 14:50 train one stop to St James which is next to the ground.

They'll be well early. We're playing them on the Friday night ;)

Cheers northbank i will look into us going to that pub.

No probs BIGQ. Now, could you give me some info on your team's strengths and weaknesses, players to watch out for, formation and tactics so I can pass them on to Mr Murray? Cheers :)

Hope we're able to bring another midfielder in tomorrow. Linked with Sam Stanton but not sure he's what we need. Would prefer someone physically strong but creative and able to control a midfield, or at least move us up the park, ala John McGinn.

According to the Record today our transfer business has ended. No more comings or goings. But it is the Record ..... :)

Mark lamont who we released a few years back was apparently playing for u20s tonight - strange one!

He's a weird player - seemed to pretty much disappear after leaving us.

Looked fantastic when first with us, was sure he'd go on to have a successful career - seemed to have everything.

Then he didn't impress when we got promoted - not sure whether it was an attitude problem after being released or he was simply too lightweight.

Think he was training with St Mirren before - pretty sure he was involved with the New York City game.

Not sure wether he just has connections with the club and is using it for training or if the club still thinks there's some hope in him as a player. Would be good to see him restart his career, albeit in a very unorthodox way.

• 2 weeks later...

No probs BIGQ. Now, could you give me some info on your team's strengths and weaknesses, players to watch out for, formation and tactics so I can pass them on to Mr Murray? Cheers :)

Probably wouldn't help m8 :(

Archived