Rangers 2015/16 season thread

Can't see them not winning the league, though that seemed a solid prediction last season too.

I'm not sure. The first 2 or 3 signings are going to be vital and they have to be of a high caliber and very, very quickly. You'd have to be very brave to sign for a club that doesn't have a defense at the moment and you have no clue who you'll be playing against. Now this can work for the likes of Ross County, but Sevco expect perfection. Most will want to win the league but Hearts have set a benchmark, and knowing the fanbase, they'll want to beat that. Coming in to a team that have such high expectations and not knowing what the rest of the team are going to be is very risky and the quicker the manager's in, the better chance they have of achieving that.

'Keeper, 3 or 4 defenders, the same in midfield and a striker all needed to ensure winning the league. 8 signings minimum and there's not long to go until the season starts.

It's tick tock time again, but this time for a totally different reason!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure. The first 2 or 3 signings are going to be vital and they have to be of a high caliber and very, very quickly. You'd have to be very brave to sign for a club that doesn't have a defense at the moment and you have no clue who you'll be playing against. Now this can work for the likes of Ross County, but Sevco expect perfection. Most will want to win the league but Hearts have set a benchmark, and knowing the fanbase, they'll want to beat that. Coming in to a team that have such high expectations and not knowing what the rest of the team are going to be is very risky and the quicker the manager's in, the better chance they have of achieving that.

'Keeper, 3 or 4 defenders, the same in midfield and a striker all needed to ensure winning the league. 8 signings minimum and there's not long to go until the season starts.

It's tick tock time again, but this time for a totally different reason!

Nearly two months, plenty of time.

Can't see them not winning the league, though that seemed a solid prediction last season too.

Really? As things stand they wouldn't win it. Who knows what will transpire close-season?

Maybe mullyins o' money, new coach, new players. Maybe tits-up admin.

All good fun.

Really? As things stand they wouldn't win it. Who knows what will transpire close-season?

Maybe mullyins o' money, new coach, new players. Maybe tits-up admin.

All good fun.

Even with the squad we have atm Hibs would still find a way to Hibs it

Looking at that squad list Rangers might be well fucked. Of that lot I'd be happy with the following players at Cappielow:

Cammy Bell - as back up to Gaston.
Lee Wallace - to give Russell some competition
Darren McGregor
Luca Gasparotto
David Templeton
And I'm not being disengenious or having a laugh at Rangers but that's a fucking shocking squad. I was looking at guys like Nicky Law and thinking "even if they were on the same wage would I prefer him to Connor Pepper" and I wouldn't. Fucking hell.

Nearly two months, plenty of time.

And around a month till pre-season begins.

Like has been said, there's not long to go! We waited until the 12th of June to appoint McGhee and he never recovered from that. There was no time to prepare for the UEFA cup game on the 30th and we were gubbed at the first hurdle. Starting your tenure going out of a competition would be a terrible way to start the campaign and would see the fans desperate for a change of fortunes pretty darned quickly.

Not only will the manager coming in have to have a shortlist made up, he'll have to watch games of the players, get into contract talks, get knocked back from a few players and that all eats away at precious time.

Even with the squad we have atm Hibs would still find a way to Hibs it

I think that's the only thing that could be a silver lining this season for you. No matter how far ahead Hibs potentially get, there's always the green bottle ready to smash. Hopefully St Mirren make up a good top 5 and there's healthy competition between half of the league for the top and play off spots.

RANGERS have been installed as pre-season favourites to bounce back from their play-off defeat and win the SPFL Scottish Championship ahead of Hibs.

The Ibrox club, despite having no manager, the bare bones of a squad, and financial and boardroom worries are 10/11 favourites.

WTF? How can that be justified?

Is there an "anyone but the rangers" option in the betting?

RANGERS have been installed as pre-season favourites to bounce back from their play-off defeat and win the SPFL Scottish Championship ahead of Hibs.

The Ibrox club, despite having no manager, the bare bones of a squad, and financial and boardroom worries are 10/11 favourites.

WTF? How can that be justified?

Is there an "anyone but the rangers" option in the betting?

There will be soon but as Smirn and Hibs are such low odds I wouldn't expect much over evens.

Archived