Rangers 2015/16 season thread

RANGERS have been installed as pre-season favourites to bounce back from their play-off defeat and win the SPFL Scottish Championship ahead of Hibs.

The Ibrox club, despite having no manager, the bare bones of a squad, and financial and boardroom worries are 10/11 favourites.

WTF? How can that be justified?

Is there an "anyone but the rangers" option in the betting?

Rangers have "boardroom worries"?.....

Anyway's, Rangers being favourites for the Championship can be easily justified. They have a far larger budget for the playing squad than any other team. Of course, that didn't stop Hearts, but at this very moment, with no punter knowing the squad any team will have on day one it's easy to comprehend why most would be backing Rangers. The potential to put together a squad better than anyone else's.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers have "boardroom worries"?.....

Anyway's, Rangers being favourites for the Championship can be easily justified. They have a far larger budget for the playing squad than any other team. Of course, that didn't stop Hearts, but at this very moment, with no punter knowing the squad any team will have on day one it's easy to comprehend why most would be backing Rangers. The potential to put together a squad better than anyone else's.

By far the biggest budget whilst trading insolvently and lurching from one pay day loan to another before the seasons end ???

I think you Ragers supporters are way way out of touch at the clumpanies predicament ffs. A breakdown of the clumpanies finances over the past season doesn't look too bright, removing the two biggest cash windfalls and not in the recurring revenue department last season was the wee share issue and the Commonwealth games money. That's £4.3 million you won't be receiving this season unless these is a share issue and who is stupid enough to invest in King's scam.

There was £1.5 million in an unpaid loan in the interim as well, factor in the debt the accounts claim you were in (£2.9 million) and you get an operating loss of £8.7 million. Add in Ashley's £5 million, T3B's and Kings dosh and you reach £16.7 million in operating losses next season if the finances are the same next season.

So tell me how you think your club can achieve success with an operating loss of well in excess of £10 million next season ?, you are already looking at an operating loss of nearly £1 million a month and I have factored in a reduced players budget and gardeners getting the sack.

Do you really think King & Co are going to throw £10 million plus into a financial black hole with a high risk of losing it all if the team play shite out of the promotion places and the fans abscond, protest and shit ?

In fairness to Tedi, I think he's self-parodying some of the more hilarious predictions being made by Sevconians this time last year. Or I imagine that's what he's going to claim, anyway.

I will let someone else fill you in.

Elexir has it on speed quote.

I know, but why don't you make a serious prediction for next season anyhoo for the bookmarks next year.

Less than 15 points, more than 15 points.

Or like this season more than 20 points behind the Champions or less than 20 points.

1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place or out of the play off positions.

Take yer pick and knock yerself out Tedi. :)

I predict that 99% of your posts will be about Rangers

Bookmark that.

No need Tedi, Rangers died. :lol:

The Rangers on the other hand ?, you are still going to be wrong. :P

Go on make a prediction about how many points will your club either win or fail by. :)

It's perfectly reasonable not to want to bet on every opinion you hold, and in fact is more of a sign of sanity than shitebaggery. It may be you reckon a team will win by 15 points, but are only willing to bet on winning by 10 points. That might have been a more equitable challenge, given the original claim.

No need Tedi, Rangers died. :lol:

The Rangers on the other hand ?, you are still going to be wrong. :P

Go on make a prediction about how many points will your club either win or fail by. :)

I predict you wont find a post where i said 62% voted No.

Archived