Rangers 2015/16 season thread

Your argument is glib and shameless when you consider how many times have Hearts tried to win trophies such as the Premiership, Scottish Cup, etc. but failed compared to Rangers who have won every trophy more times than Hearts.

To quote Shull at 70 minutes "oh no, let's leave this match early while it's only 2, I need to take a week off Pie & Bovril now & change my breeks & get soaked on the way home."

can you explain how I'm "glib and shameless" you're a strange creature

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer: I said your argument is glib and shameless. Look up the definition of both, then look at your argument. Your club were certainly glib to let Rangers sign the midfield dominator Jason Holt for £65,000

Answer: I said your argument is glib and shameless. Look up the definition of both, then look at your argument. Your club were certainly glib to let Rangers sign the midfield dominator Jason Holt for £65,000

Hearts made the decision that Holt was a (decent) Championship-level player.

As long as finances hold-up, I think there's a pretty reasonable chance the Rangers will be making their first stab at the SPFL next year. It will be interesting to see then if Warburton thinks Holt will be up to the task.....

Hearts made the decision that Holt was a (decent) Championship-level player.

As long as finances hold-up, I think there's a pretty reasonable chance the Rangers will be making their first stab at the SPFL next year. It will be interesting to see then if Warburton thinks Holt will be up to the task.....

I will happily tell anyone my prediction, Holt will score at least 4 goals next season in Premiership and assist at least 10. (Figures could vary wildly - it could be 8 goals at least and 6 assists at least etc.). He plays like a Scottish version of Aaron Ramsey, or Thiago.

Holt's transfer value as soon as Rangers get promotion is £1 Mil plus and that's a fact. It doesn't mean he will be sold at that value, he will be a Ranger for years to come hopefully.

Holt will be a star in midfield for Rangers in Europe performing well for years to come, though often his stellar performances don't get fully noticed unless he scores the winning goal which happens a lot.

I will happily tell anyone my prediction, Holt will score at least 4 goals next season in Premiership and assist at least 10. (Figures could vary wildly - it could be 8 goals at least and 6 assists at least etc.). He plays like a Scottish version of Aaron Ramsey, or Thiago.

Holt's transfer value as soon as Rangers get promotion is £1 Mil plus and that's a fact. It doesn't mean he will be sold at that value, he will be a Ranger for years to come hopefully.

Holt will be a star in midfield for Rangers in Europe performing well for years to come, though often his stellar performances don't get fully noticed unless he scores the winning goal which happens a lot.

"Holt's transfer value as soon as Rangers get promotion is £1 Mil plus and that's a fact"

This one reminds me of those rangers fans who reckon Tavernier is worth £10m and a future England player.

£10m for a defender who can't defend!

Well actually, what do I know if might be true - Spurs paid almost that much for Hutton, and even rangers fans admit that he was a rubbish defender... So maybe £1m for Holt might happen. But he's not worth it. Scott Allan is twice the player Holt will ever be. As is Lewis MacLeod (is he still playing btw?)

"Holt's transfer value as soon as Rangers get promotion is £1 Mil plus and that's a fact"

This one reminds me of those rangers fans who reckon Tavernier is worth £10m and a future England player.

£10m for a defender who can't defend!

Well actually, what do I know if might be true - Spurs paid almost that much for Hutton, and even rangers fans admit that he was a rubbish defender... So maybe £1m for Holt might happen. But he's not worth it. Scott Allan is twice the player Holt will ever be. As is Lewis MacLeod (is he still playing btw?)

I watch every single Rangers match the full 90 minutes, I know more about the skill levels of Rangers players than you, based on your observations when you don't even watch them.

Scott Allan is shite and I'm glad we didn't sign him, I wouldn't want him at Gers even if we got him off Hibs for £150k.

Give me proof of one Rangers fan that has ever said the Blue Cafu is 10 mil+? clearly you're just waffling off a load of shit like most obsessed with the gers :lol:

Don't get me wrong The Blue Cafu is the best RB in Scotland, worth a couple mil at least when we get promoted then into Europe he will increase drastically like Holt. I don't care about their 'values' i'm just glad they play for us.

I don't

I watch every single Rangers match the full 90 minutes, I know more about the skill levels of Rangers players than you, based on your observations when you don't even watch them.

Scott Allan is shite and I'm glad we didn't sign him, I wouldn't want him at Gers even if we got him off Hibs for £150k.

Give me proof of one Rangers fan that has ever said the Blue Cafu is 10 mil+? clearly you're just waffling off a load of shit like most obsessed with the gers :lol:

Don't get me wrong The Blue Cafu is the best RB in Scotland, worth a couple mil at least when we get promoted then into Europe he will increase drastically like Holt. I don't care about their 'values' i'm just glad they play for us.

I don't know too much about the post above because I stopped reading it when I got to the line:

"Scott Allan is shite and I'm glad we didn't sign him"

FFS, stop writing things like that - it makes you look like an idiot.

I guess we will never know what SA would have been like, the facts are that he is rarely ever getting an appearance as a substitute for a poor celtic team, while Holt is winning us games on a regular basis, I am content with that.

The fact is a rusty Scott Allan came on against Ajax and apparently was the best player on the pitch.

The fact is Scott Allan's performances last year for Hibs received far more praise than Holt's this year.

The fact is when the rangers were in for Scott Allan *a lot* of rangers fans were raving on about how he is the best young prospect in scottish football.

Facts eh.

The fact is he gave the ball away in the run up to the 2nd goal.

Shocking predictable post. Yep, that's a fact - as is the fact that he ran the show in midfield up to that point.

I'm not saying Holt is duff, but in the big games he goes AWOL whereas in the big games Scott Allan steps up.

As for the comment about "that was last year..." - good old revisionism.

The reason Holt plays regular for rangers and Allan does not play regular for celtic is simply because celtic are a much bigger club with a better pool of players. And that's a fact ^_^

What big games has he played for Celtic?

A bit part against Ajax and he screwed it up, he may have potential but densboy is getting a bit carried away here.

Last season Allan ran the show in a lot of the big games.

Against Ajax he did well - sure he gave the ball away for the goal - but then McGregor gave the ball away for the first goal.

Decent young players will do things like that - doesn't make them bad players.

Outwith the ranges mob you will struggle to find ANYONE who does not think that Allan is a good player and much better than Holt (who is a decent championship level player - ask Neilson).

and, btw, no - I don't trust Deila (he reminds me too much of Warburton with his naive tactics) - he should be playing Allan before Scott Brown IMHO - but it really does look like the rumours are true and he (or Lawwell as Bennett said) just signed Allan to pi$$ of the rangers....

One of them?

I only asked if you do not trust your manager, it was you that confirmed it was Deila

Scott Allan is not good enough to get a starting spot for a poor celtic team, I have been fairly consistent on this point.

Yep, one of them - one of the archaic glasgow sorts.

Deila is not my man - but i knew in the context of your post who you were talking about.

Deila is an idiot not to be playing Allan - and you agree with him...

Johansen has been rubbish, Brown is poor, Mackay-Steven and Armstrong off form too.

Yet Deila doesn't play Allan (with his reputation too). Actually, makes me agree more with bennett, that Allan is not a Deila signing....

One of them?

I only asked if you do not trust your manager, it was you that confirmed it was Deila

Scott Allan is not good enough to get a starting spot for a poor celtic team, I have been fairly consistent on this point.

You're comparing a player who's 'not good enough to get a starting spot' in the team that's leading the top division to a player who's a regular starter for the team that's being challenged by Hibs in the second tier and deciding the latter is better???

By that logic, Bobby Zamora is better than Samir Nasri.

You're comparing a player who's 'not good enough to get a starting spot' in the team that's leading the top division to a player who's a regular starter for the team that's being challenged by Hibs in the second tier and deciding the latter is better???

By that logic, Bobby Zamora is better than Samir Nasri.

yes, I made a similar point and Tedi completely ignored it.

Archived