Armageddon - Three Years On

I'm still not sure how Ross County have survived without ever playing a league game against Rangers. Coming up to 22 seasons in the SFL/SPL/SPFL and not one league game to show for it.

Lord be praised! It's a miracle.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the pub in London got talking to a few West Ham fans talking about how crap and boring the Scottish League was since Rangers went bust. I tried explaining that no-one in Scotland cares if it's Celtic or Rangers who win the league and a monopoly was preferable to a duopoly as it made the other 11 places more exciting rather than the other 10.

Cue them saying it was boring because Celtic were running away with it, as usual, and the English league was more exciting. I opened up the paper to show the top 5 teams in the SPL seperated by five points and Chelsea 7 points clear of Man City.

Cue them saying it was boring because Celtic were running away with it, as usual, and the English league was more exciting. I opened up the paper to show the top 5 teams in the SPL seperated by five points and Chelsea 7 points clear of Man City.

Yep. Remember last season: that 'progressive' and much-admired Bundesliga was won earlier in the calendar year than the SPL was.

The fact is, the longer this goes on for (Newco in the Championship or lower or bust), the more likely we are to eventually see other teams become genuine title contenders.

The "Armageddon" mentality could explain Doncaster's failure to find a sponsor for the SPL over the last two seasons. That inexcusable failure was rightly ridiculed by Barry Hearne. Even minor sports can find sponsors for their main competition.

"Landlords, travel firms and football chiefs". Poor them.

With regard to the 'Glasgow' thing. Not everyone in Glasgow is a fan of the OF and not all OF fans are from Glasgow. Bus loads from across the country travel to support them (many for entirely non-football reasons). It's a Scotland wide problem, not merely a Glasgow one.

And because a media company is based in Glasgow does not mean it reflects the opinions or things which are important to Glaswegians.

Good post.

7-2 and Raidernation type posters who in every second post seem to be talking about Glasgow bias, please take note. Not everyone from Glasgow is a knuckle-dragging OF fan, and quite often many of the knuckle-dragging OF fans or media sympathisers are from your own neck of the woods.

In the pub in London got talking to a few West Ham fans talking about how crap and boring the Scottish League was since Rangers went bust. I tried explaining that no-one in Scotland cares if it's Celtic or Rangers who win the league and a monopoly was preferable to a duopoly as it made the other 11 places more exciting rather than the other 10.

Did you ask the West Ham fans if they believe that they can win the league before the start of every season?

The Premiership playoff was far more exciting than anything the EPL has served up in years.

Well apart from Aguero anyway

My top 5 games on the tele in the last calendar year would include both last years 2nd leg and this years 1st leg of the final

Chick Young has just said on the radio, Scottish football needs Rangers in the premiership

Aye, but chick young is a fanny.

Nobody misses The Rangers more in the top flight than the Media. To sell papers, increase viewer and listener number.

I still find it a major coincidence that as soon as St Morden go down Scottish Football turns into chaos. (Not really that much chaos). Anyway the Premiership needs a strong St Mirren.

Archived