The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Just now, ali_91 said:

There’s not a hope that Falkirk finish above Morton this season, so from a footballing perspective and from a career progression perspective it’s a strange decision. Money talks though. 

Careers last more than one season.

He'll figure he has a better chance of promotion with Falkirk than Morton, albeit not this season.

Wasn't enough swear words in the statement but apart from that I'm fine with it.

Laxatives in the Falkirk directors teas in October should about call us even.

Sure its a bit of an inconvenience at this stage of the season but at the end of the day the thing for Morton fans to remember here is that we've lost Ray Mckinnon, an average championship manager.

The thing for Falkirk fans to remember here is that they've gained Ray Mckinnon, an average championship manager.

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Wasn't enough swear words in the statement but apart from that I'm fine with it.

Sure its a bit of an inconvenience at this stage of the season but at the end of the day the thing for Morton fans to remember here is that we've lost Ray Mckinnon, an average championship manager.

The thing for Falkirk fans to remember here is that they've gained Ray Mckinnon, an average championship manager.

Given what the alternatives were i think most of us are happy enough with that, the fact we got a manager from another club though is one no one thought about other than McCall i dont think anyone expected McKinnon.

Careers last more than one season.
He'll figure he has a better chance of promotion with Falkirk than Morton, albeit not this season.

You must bear in mind that hiring " an average Championship manager" is by far and away the best thing that we have done in this witches arsehole of a season.
We will get pumped at Dingwall this afternoon and probably many times still to come but at least we have given ourselves some hope of survival.
Besides this is very, very funny[emoji2]

Spoiler

Statement was fair enough and we should ensure we take Falkirk and Mckinnon to task- assume we never gave Falkirk permission. If we did- mistake, forget it and move on. Hopkin will be in within days.

Much as this has all been very funny indeed, if Morton end up with Hopkin installed as manager then they will potentially have done quite well out of it (albeit at the cost of having been completely humiliated in the short term). 

Edited by VictorOnopko

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Morton fans asserting that they will finish above us because they are/were joint top, playing well under McKinnon, with a squad he put together.

We take McKinnon.

McKinnon is now shite and wont do a job for us.....

My head hurts a wee bit tbh.

Fitbas a funny old game and fans are fickle.

Morton fans asserting that they will finish above us because they are/were joint top, playing well under McKinnon, with a squad he put together.

We take McKinnon.

You gave up your youth system to sign a group of league one players so we will still finish above you.

You've probably sold your Microwave to sign Mckinnon.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We take McKinnon.

Do you really want someone like McKinnon at your club? Seriously? 

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We take McKinnon.

That's because you're an extremely dim individual. HTH.