The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Rumoured that you're after Owen Moffat. 

Underwhelming but I'm willing to see what Dougie can get out of him. What went wrong for him at Dunfermline?

3 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Underwhelming but I'm willing to see what Dougie can get out of him. What went wrong for him at Dunfermline?

His wiki is updated to show he is here, Step up from Ayr though, they are only interested in Owen Money.

24 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

His wiki is updated to show he is here, Step up from Ayr though, they are only interested in Owen Money.

profileIcon_czdloa8m56x71 (1).jpg

Moffat has bags of potential, so happy with the signing.  Likes a strike from outside the box as we know only too well.

Wonder if Dougie will play him in the Robbie Crawford role?  With Bearne (who surely can't sit another season on the bench) McGarrity and Reynolds with possibly Davies we have more than enough width up front.

What is Lewis McGrattans best position, I know you guys have moved on and look to have signed decent so far..

Is Lewis a 10,  or more suited to the flanks and coming inside to meet the play, 

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Moffat has bags of potential, so happy with the signing.  Likes a strike from outside the box as we know only too well.

Wonder if Dougie will play him in the Robbie Crawford role?  With Bearne (who surely can't sit another season on the bench) McGarrity and Reynolds with possibly Davies we have more than enough width up front.

Im Not No Way GIF

51 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What is Lewis McGrattans best position, I know you guys have moved on and look to have signed decent so far..

Is Lewis a 10,  or more suited to the flanks and coming inside to meet the play, 

Thanks in advance

Never nailed down a position anywhere. Probably at his best when he has space to drive with the ball through central channels. 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

If McGrattan & Garrity had a baby they’d call it…….McGarrity 

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

We've now got 5 players for those 4 forward positions. I'd Imagine Dougie will want another 2 maybe even 3 to complete our forward options. One  needs to be a proven striker for me who knows the league.

Hopefully a CB* and LB next so we can at least have a decent starting 11 for these friendlies.

* I know Dougie will still play Broadfoot.

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Thanks in advance

The thing McGrattan lacks at the moment is composure. He played in multiple roles for us and time and again went past players with ease and then when in a great position fired wide or too early or ignored a team mate in a perfect position. If he could develop the ability to read the game better and develop that bit of composure he could do very well.