The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

46 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Okay I’ll bite! They said he and his family in Hamilton are commonly known as absolute reprobates.

Dougie Imrie? Surely not :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Chicken Soup said:

He’s held in high regard by the majority of Morton and Hamilton fans.

Says it all, really.

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Strapp is a lifelong Ton fan so would’ve signed on for his love of Morton over his dislike of Imrie, which as you all know would pale into insignificance in comaparison.

So, er, why's he in Finland then?

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Strapp is a lifelong Ton fan so would’ve signed on for his love of Morton

Is he? You realise that just because a player comes through your academy it doesn’t make them a fan? I’m sure I saw stuff on Twitter that he was a Rangers fan. 

In any case he didn’t sign on again because he loved the club. He signed on because he was left without a club and had Morton not approached him, he could very easily have gone last season without playing for anyone. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Soup said:

No, but it’s something his direct competitors for a starting berth failed to do in that match. So it does demonstrate something about which players deserve to start in the cup games while the squad still has gaps. 

It really doesn't, because Imrie will choose who he thinks are his strongest/best options for each position based on all information - primarily from training the squad on a daily basis - rather than a 'it's your turn Jack because you set up a goal in pre-season' basis.

Because Imrie is a real manager rather than a Jonatan Johansson level fraud. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It really doesn't, because Imrie will choose who he thinks are his strongest/best options for each position based on all information - primarily from training the squad on a daily basis - rather than a 'it's your turn Jack because you set up a goal in pre-season' basis.

Because Imrie is a real manager rather than a Jonatan Johansson level fraud. 

Is it about goals and assists, as you previously stated, or is it about performance in training? 

With Shaw injured and Reynolds covering the role of striker, there’s a good chance one of Bearne or Garrity will be required to start. I trust whichever Imrie picks but without us watching training there isn’t an obvious candidate based on either of the criteria you’ve mentioned.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he? You realise that just because a player comes through your academy it doesn’t make them a fan? I’m sure I saw stuff on Twitter that he was a Rangers fan. 

In any case he didn’t sign on again because he loved the club. He signed on because he was left without a club and had Morton not approached him, he could very easily have gone last season without playing for anyone. 

When he was out of contract (at the start of last season) he was regularly in the cowshed so I'd not be surprised if he is.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He's been in the cowshed watching games before and his name is on this seasons home top meaning he was either a season ticket holder or an MCT member last season. 

You're spot on about the last part though and what he hasn't mentioned is that his last spell playing for Morton probably played a major part in his getting his move to Finland. I loved seeing Lewis play for us and was really disappointed that he left but the article comes across as petty and sour grapes.  Wonder if he's been ill advised although the leaked message about his contract offer and his maws twitter outburst are showing a trend.

13 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dougie Imrie? Surely not :rolleyes:

Says it all, really.

Yep, we’re all there, rent-free in your head.

Lucky the space was completely empty, eh??     😜

15 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Strapp is a lifelong Ton fan so would’ve signed on for his love of Morton over his dislike of Imrie

.....and yet, as we all know, he didn't. He said he didn't even wait to hear what the terms on offer were.

You're tying yourself in knots here.

Strapp has gone. Do us all a favour and shut up.

The Strapp discourse is getting quite tedious as is the norm when fueled by one particular poster. The article reflects quite poorly on him and it's a disappointing read but hopefully it puts this chat to bed. We've signed an ample replacement and moved on, I wish him all the best in Finland and have no doubt he'll be back in the Cowshed very shortly as he was the last time he left.

21 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I met some people from Hamilton at the Euros who know Dougie and his family, and I wouldn't repeat what they said as it was far worse than anything I said to get me banned from the Morton Forum. However they confirmed he has a massive chip on his shoulder about the start of his own career and his attitude to our academy players would be completely in step with his persona.

Not that I believe you were even at the Euros but even indulging you for the purpose of a reply it's quite astonishing that amongst 200,000 Scots you managed to not only bump into folk from Hamilton but said folk just happened to know the Imrie family.  How fortunate.  Lying b*****d.

On 05/07/2024 at 22:33, Cowshed said:

Dougie not happy with the pitch according to Telegraph take what they say with a pinch of salt though they’re muppets 

It was the same last season. I believe the management team and players weren't happy with it.  I understand Mark explained that he needed to keep the grass longer at this time of the season so it's protected and in good shape for the winter months. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Is it about goals and assists, as you previously stated, or is it about performance in training? 

It's about goals and assists in real games - in addition to performance in training - as opposed to pre-season kickabouts champ. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Can we move on from the strapp chat getting boring now he’s gone time to move on and focus on the season ahead 

We had moved on until the player in question decided to take his lorryload of chips on his shoulder and dump them all across a double page spread in a national tabloid newspaper.

The coterie of hangers-on should just crowdfund a bronze statue to this selfless martyr on Dunoon's sea front to placate their bizarre sense of entitlement. 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Goalkeeper Gary woods confirmed on a 2 year deal. Player/ coach 

Fantastic signing from the club imo to get someone like that in to help Mullen and murdoch 

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The "Lifelong Morton fan" is quoted in the article shared by this muppet saying he was thinking about signing for another Championship club just so he could beat Morton.

:lol: